Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1468

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    When I was first starting out I was helping one of the seasoned techs change out a compressor on top of a mall. 15 or 20 ton I think. I didn't know any better and failed to plug the old comp. when the crane picked it up it tilted a little and dump oil across the roof and down the wall. The lead tech was pretty mad at me because he of course took the blame. I admitted my mistake but they said it was his service call and should have been double checking me. I spent hours trying to get the oil off the gravel roof and wall. Most of it came up but there was still no question as to where the spill took place. Not one of my better days, but lesson definitely learned.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    We've all had days like that
    Just KCCO!

Adam

Post Likes
    Oh, you Chive..... Cool. Me and my girl are on there daily. Have more shirts from them than anyone one should. Been to an unofficial near the house and lucked out Fourth of July and got tickets to the official meet up in Austin at The Rattle Inn. Had a blast and got to see fire works over down town

Post Likes
    Coffeetech
    I have my own thread started if you want to comment there
    "Rookie- with 12 years experience"

Post Likes
    Tics to the Austin meet would have been a good time, on the 4th even better!

Adam

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Sure thing.

Adam

Post Likes
    Oops, sorry Dad.
    Ok back on track and to the purpose of this thread. I'll share a story of one of my early mistakes.
    So there I was,21 years old, it was the first or second week into having my own truck. I was sent to a house in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but barbed wire fences and the occasional sign reminding me of the state/county road I was on. Finally get to the location. It's a little farm house up on a hill with a gravel drive way. I'm greated by a pack of tail wagging dogs and a friendly old man. We chat for a moment and to work I go. I end up in this small hot attic with the panel off to the unit. I quickly determine the trans former is bad. Easy.... I have one in the truck for sure. I run down grab it and get it changed out. ( I was so excited to have found the problem and know I could fix it- I checked nothing else). So I turn the power back on.... Snap,crackle, pop- smoked that brand new transformer. I felt like Ralfie when he actually "shot his eye out". All I could think was " oh no, oh no". I gather my thoughts and started looking for the actual cause of the bad part like I had been taught to do. Turns out the farmer had got his weed eater into the control wire at the condensor. I repaired the wire outside, intstalled one more multitap transformer(that I luckily had) AND an inline fuse this time. BINGO! She's purrin like a kitten now. I double checked his equipment operation, collect for the bill, and head back down the long country road with a lesson learned.

Post Likes
    For me I feel into something that I was made to do. Ever since I was small I took everything apart and figured out how it worked. I would ask a barrage of questions till I could put a working picture together in my head. So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon hvac and then oh my refrigeration. 4 diff trades in one so much to learn so much mistakes to learn from. I've worked for 5 hvac and refrigeration company's my whole life. I started banging ductwork, moving on to installing units, to servicing units to trouble shooting units. Then came commercial refrigeration, I was In heaven so many cool tools and techniques. So here I am striving for more knowledge and to hone my skills to fix all the fups mistakes....... I've taken numerous elec, refrigeration and ice machine class's. Had the best mentor anyone could of had and now here I am in Las Vegas baby living the dream!

Post Likes
    Hey... Baker Brothers...

Please read the rules for advertising on the site. I know this is your first post but this post is an advertisement for your company.

-edited by Dad
    Last edited by Dad; 11-05-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hello all, im 27 years old and as you can see from my name I am the son of an AC man...my dad, a very intelligent person that has owned his business since 1989. I can remember doing service calls with him since I was 8 years old going up and down ladders me fetching tools for him, sleeping on job sites to keep an eye on his materials that got delivered. Once I graduated highschool I got a job opportunity to be a plumber And I never looked back. After working in the field for 8 years I finally wised up and decided I didn't want to be a plumber for the rest of my life. I went to RSI to learn more about HVACR and graduated from there a few months ago with my universal epa card. With being in construction for basically my whole life and having my dad to fall on when I have stupid questions I hope to pick up the trade fairly quickly. Thanks for reading! One post down.

Post Likes
    Hey I'm new to the field ... ANSI am the first hvac tech in my family... I really want to gain as much knowledge as I can to become the best tech I can be... Any help will be appreciated.. Ty

Post Likes
    the Lennox "Whisper Heat" was one heck of a product when it entered the market. It was designed to directly compete with the new 80+ in shot furnaces. Wish they made a 90+ ribbon burner (impossible i would say) because even tho customers like the energy savings of a new furnace it is still a noisy transition especially in mobile homes.

Post Likes
    I'm not new to hvac just new to this forum

Post Likes
    i have some what of the same story,i now work for a property management company which happens to be commercial so thats a big plus however i'm not just where i want to be as far as the industry is concerned but im goping to keep pushing and i encourage you to do the same klay...

Post Likes
    I'm here reading everyday this forum and picking something new EVERYDAY and I will soon be a pro and have more access to much much more HVAC materials and also contributing a lot.
    I know I'm in love with HVAC industry though I'm luck to have many opportunities to advance my career but I want to be a guru in this industry !

My gratitudes to all those with eager to share whatever they have for others to be where they are or even excel much better !

Post Likes
    Been an HVAC TECH for 3 years.... Just recently left the company that I was working for to start my own HVAC business. Hope that this site will be a help to me and I can be a help to be to someone else....

Post Likes
    Most of my training has been from hands-on (OJT) with a big company. (Georgia Pacific) This was back in 78 when everything was still relay logic and PLC's was just being introduced as the new "state of the art" way of control automation. Job duties were trouble-shooting and repairing motor controls (AC,DC), pneumatic valves(2,3 and 4 ways), repairing AC units. Also worked at a chemical plant calibrating DP transmitters for flow rate along with trouble-shooting milli amp current loops. So I have a wide array of knowledge in various fields.
    I was injured/retired back in Y2K working for the S.C. State ports authority on top of a yard crane, which ended my very rewarding and enjoyable working career. Sure been missing the self-pride one get's when you take something that's broken and make it work again. So for the past year and a half, I've been getting heavy into the Hvac side of things and have gotten my EPA 608 universal certification along with all the equipment/tools to do some Hvac trouble-shooting and repair work on the side. To be useful again is my goal and to help out my family and friends save some money and make some on the side would be great!
    Thanks for reading,
    Jim

Post Likes
    Office girl here...I make the boss show me how the "stuff" works...lol. I feel I can do my job better knowing as much as I can about the trade. I've been know to talk shop with a tech or two

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in