Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1468

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Well I'd like to apply for pro status but am not sure how to do it. I am not seeing any other section on the subject.

Or does a history/background post start the process?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OBogue View Post
    Well I'd like to apply for pro status but am not sure how to do it. I am not seeing any other section on the subject.

Or does a history/background post start the process?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    keep posting with your $500 deck of cards then you can apply for pro status. Its a little odd at first seams like you post to no one in this thread. takes a lot of one hit posts to get the numbers up. read the rules Its in their I forgot but I do not have enough posts yet.

Post Likes

Getting Pro Membership

I've used this site for quite some time as a great reference tool, but never posted. Decided to finally get more invloved and get the Pro Membership. I've been in the Mechanical Contracting industry for alittle over 5 years now. I am currently at a smaller company as the Service Project Manager. I handle most of the day to day operations of the service department including, but not limited to, estimating, small project management, scheduling, customer relations etc.

Post Likes
    Am new to the business am all in the process is of learning as much as I can...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I need enough post count so I can further my studies with this site...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I am new to the trade and this is my first post. I got a G2 and currently in a residential service position with a gas company. I needed to get a job that I can stay with and I think I found one. I am building a up a tool bag but am not experienced in trouble shooting, changing out parts, and installing complete systems. I am aware that it takes years and am taking it day by day and doing a good job with what I know and learning from senior techs when I'm not sure. I love checking this site out and look forward to using it for years to come.

Post Likes
    I've been working on HVAC since 2004; I took off a year to serve the army in 08. In 2005, took classes for HVAC at a local Community College. Mostly, I work on oil boilers and furnaces, and some water heaters. I do the seasonal Preventive Maintenance on A/C. I will be sharing some of my nightmares during the next posts to build up my 15 posts.

Post Likes
    I had said in my last post, that I would be posting my nightmares so here goes, a few years back when I was really green, I had a 19 hour shift that started at 7:30 am on a Saturday and ended at 2:00 am the next morning. maybe a few of them were out of oil but I felt terrible because there were a couple where I had to pull out a couple of heaters from my service van and let them be. I got home and didn't get up until 8:00 pm.

Post Likes
    My first expierience was doing a house. It was fun and not easy at all.

Post Likes
    I'm trying to get my count up so I can become a pro; so here I go again. I said before that I work on oil burners mostly. On a Saturday afternoon, my boss call me and told me to go help a seasonal employee with a call. When I got there, I found him trying to bleed a fuel pump. The burner motor was not turning and I told him to get a new motor and replace it. Too easy. it gave me a good feeling to be able to teach something to someone else.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by calubeda View Post
    I'm trying to get my count up so I can become a pro; so here I go again. I said before that I work on oil burners mostly. On a Saturday afternoon, my boss call me and told me to go help a seasonal employee with a call. When I got there, I found him trying to bleed a fuel pump. The burner motor was not turning and I told him to get a new motor and replace it. Too easy. it gave me a good feeling to be able to teach something to someone else.
    Good job. There are a lot of mediocre techs out there and it isn't hard to look smart in comparison if you like to learn and have some mechanical aptitude.

Post Likes

Hello everyone,

I have looked on this site in the past and always found good information. I completed my AAS in Facilities Maintenance this summer and I am working full time now. I am doing commercial and industrial work for a mechanical contractor and have been accepted into an apprenticeship to compile verifiable hours. Since I am in Oregon we have all kinds of licensing that I need to get. I have my Universal CFC, Brazing, Boiler 1 and have applied for my WA low voltage card.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice.

Theo

Post Likes
    I am currently a Postal employee, I started unloading truck, then sweeping the floor. The Post Office sent me to an Enviromental Control class in 1992 at the NCED site in Norman, OK. I was hooked.

I went to work part-time for a local contractor. I ran home warranty calls in the evenings and on weekends. The contractor closed up shop and move his operation to Sugarland.

I continued to work part-time for another contractor. Mostly trouble calls in the evenings and weekends.

During this time I attended Rooftop and Package unit class at the NCED site in Norman, Ok. The Post Office Schools are great.

I moved into a mechanics position at the Post Office. I got to go to Boiler class at NCED. Intense course.

Still working part-time, logged all my hours and took my contractrors license test passed the Enviromental and Refrigeration TACLA28291C

Form BRYKIN, LLC dba BNK Services with my business partner and friend Paul. He is a Master Electrician and also work for the USPS. We have been working together since 1997. Our business is doing well.

Post Likes
    I started out working with Residential HVAC systems, then I got bored with that and wanted to work with something bigger, so I went to school for Light Commercial HVAC (Roof Top Units), boy did I hit it big then, I was on top of the world...until I got bored and wanted something bigger. So I ended up working my way into Heavy Commerial HVAC Systems, worked with that for a couple years.....got bored...wanted bigger (must have been the "kid" inside me). So I put myself through school for Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration and have been doing that ever since. Everytime I come into work I learn somthing new, and I've been working in the Refrigeration industry for 30+ years. Everytime I think I know it all, I tell myself I think I've mastered the art of Ammonia Refrigeration I get stumped. So if anyone ever tells you they know it all. They're full of you know what. I may know a lot about Ammonia Refrigeration, but I'll tell you this, there's much much more out there that I dont know, and probably much much more out there that I'll never know. Fortunatly in this industry the technology is ALWAYS changing and being upgraded, therefore even the folks who have been doing it for years will always have something to learn, and also something to teach to the younger folks that are coming into this industry every year. I love what I do, and will do it until I can't do it anymore.

Post Likes
    Hello all, Like everyone else joined site to gain more knowledge and overall insight in my profession. Firm believer that you have to stay ontop of your game in this trade. NEVER stop reading. NEVER stop learning. Currently employeed at UCR (University of Ca. Riverside) as Refer Tech. (dx) and a lil chilled water/steam. I love the fact that I learn something new everyday. One day I may take it a step further and teach others.

Post Likes
    I am a new technician with my gas and oil 2 certificates and currently in service department at a residential heating & cooling company. I am doing furnace cleanings and run into many problems with venting and hx inspections. I will continue to get advice from my boss, but I am also learning a little from exploring this site. I look forward to seeing what the pro forms look like. Thanks for keeping site free of diy.

Post Likes
    Hello everyone, Im an hvac installer with a some pretty good service and troubleshooting skills but could be considered a feeble minded parts changer in comparison to some of the super tech out there. I feel i can gain a lot from this site. Alas, i have no posts, a faded epa card (may need to order another) and not sure what else is required as far as credentials, so becoming pro could be an uphill battle and take a while. Anyways......been in the biz for 8 years. Studied hvac at coyne american institute in chicago. Made a very arbitrary decision to get into this field without much thought, but those kind of decisions sometimes work out for the better, rather than over think things. Ive achieved a lot for myself since i started my career. Its hard work installing sometimes but it really has made me grow. Hope to keep growing and keep posting. Now off to another topic to inquire about the credentials thing and maybe gain some posts in the process.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Installing is all about being fast and efficient. In the beginning I never considered myself fast and didn't want to go head-to-head with those who were. So what I did instead was to focus on the technically toughest jobs available. The one's where ten other guys had already thrown up their hands. I wanted to know everything - and be able to do everything.

This was really a 'trick' on my part - because when you are the mechanic-of-last-resort; it is you or nothing. So nobody dares to rush you. Nobody questions you. You can do a good and methodical job and make it all come out nice in the end. I enjoy being the hero. And although becoming the very best started out as me 'tricking' the industry - it came out reasonably well all around and I enjoy being who I am.

I just mention that.

My best advice is to learn everything you can and then push yourself to learn even more, and to be able to do even more than that. Learning to do a job is not The Thing. What you want is to be able to do Any Job. Strive not to be better than everyone else but to be the best there ever was. The key to it is to deeply understand the things that you know. Anybody can memorize the instructions. What you want is to be able to do is write the instructions.

Good luck with it and never ever give up. Nobody can kick you ass except you.

PHM
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by LesGibson View Post
    Hello everyone, Im an hvac installer with a some pretty good service and troubleshooting skills but could be considered a feeble minded parts changer in comparison to some of the super tech out there. I feel i can gain a lot from this site. Alas, i have no posts, a faded epa card (may need to order another) and not sure what else is required as far as credentials, so becoming pro could be an uphill battle and take a while. Anyways......been in the biz for 8 years. Studied hvac at coyne american institute in chicago. Made a very arbitrary decision to get into this field without much thought, but those kind of decisions sometimes work out for the better, rather than over think things. Ive achieved a lot for myself since i started my career. Its hard work installing sometimes but it really has made me grow. Hope to keep growing and keep posting. Now off to another topic to inquire about the credentials thing and maybe gain some posts in the process.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes

Matt

I was thrilled to find this site. I have gone on install jobs with my dad, a master tech, but that was when I was younger. I loved spending the time with him and later realized the value of what he was inadvertantly teaching me.
    At the time I was going to school for something else but learned a lot about a/c and furnace installs and maintenance.
    Now, I am absorbing as much as I can from every source I can read and every youtube video about anything hvac related. I sit behind a computer much of the time at work and miss being on jobs with my dad. I am from a very economically distressed area and have mixed emotions about returning and being at the mercy of that job market region. I really miss working with my dad but with a wife and four kids I know hvac will provide, but getting the credentials is another focus.
    I know you don't necessarily need the paper creds and I know just enough to break something but again, I'm glad I found this site.
    Matt

Post Likes
    I completely agree. I have always liked reading and literally absord it. My wife gets annoyed when I submerge into something while at from from work but when I get going, I keep going.
    The biggest lesson I learned about the job was when ever my dad had to install a part on a machine, the first thing he would do is take out the instructions and read.
    Matt

Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in