Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526272829303373 ... LastLast
    Ive posted a few times in different areas but I haven't introduced myself so here it goes. Hello I have been in this field for 12 years and have done service and installation of residential systems. In 2004 I opened my own shop figuring it would be easy money. after all look at all of the money my boss was making off of me right. It has been a tough uphill battle but every year we grow so I must be doing something right. I am a terrible writer so posting on here has seemed to hard to bother with but now I realize that you can't live in a bubble so I am giving it a go. I know that with all of the knowledge on here it can only make me better for it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by heebeegeebee View Post
    Ive posted a few times in different areas but I haven't introduced myself so here it goes. Hello I have been in this field for 12 years and have done service and installation of residential systems. In 2004 I opened my own shop figuring it would be easy money. after all look at all of the money my boss was making off of me right. It has been a tough uphill battle but every year we grow so I must be doing something right. I am a terrible writer so posting on here has seemed to hard to bother with but now I realize that you can't live in a bubble so I am giving it a go. I know that with all of the knowledge on here it can only make me better for it. Thanks.
    Welcome here!

I have to ask, what in the world kind of screen name is heebeegeebee??

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    Ever hear of someone or something giving you the hee-bee-gee-bee's ?

Sort of like having a real weird feeling or six sense.

Cool user name I thought.
    Ahhhh. I remember the word now.

I didn't have any problem with it, just struck my eye at first.

Thanks for the welcome. I just couldn't come up with anything else. I am new to online forums so I typed the first thing that came to mind. Plus looks like you'll remember it

Quote Originally Posted by heebeegeebee View Post
    Welcome...love the user name, it's quite original!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

I started as an electrician/data comm tech at 16. Worked into programming PBX's and key systems(telephone systems), did that for 6 years, had my own business, R.I.P. Baseline Communications... and had been doing HVAC controls installs for 4 years after that, untill a company I was working for laid me off and a great company picked me up a year ago doing programming and front end integrations. They have sent me to Niagara AX, Distech GFX, passed both, and have been trying to learn as much as I can ever since. I am a project manager doing a large project for the Corps of Engineers at a nearby millitary base. We are using Smart Servers(2.0) with Distech ecp-203, 300, 400, 500's with some locations using Honeywell7350H's with a S.S.2.0. Learning a ton!
    I take tech manuals home and read them
    When it is said that BacNet is a better protocol than LonWorks, I die a little more inside.
    ~knottyjabe

Hi everyone out there. I pop in every once in awhile and see what the talk is. This time I thought I join. Are there any gals in the HVACR trade out there?

I have been in the electrical bussiness ever sense I got out of high school I went through a four year apprenticeship program and in 2002 I started my own electrical contracting company and I wanted to get into hvac service work also so I took a hvacr program through penn-foster and learned some but not what I wanted which was hands on so I took another program through TN Tech. at night and completed that just a couple of weeks ago and I learned a lot so now I'm tooling up and doing a little service work but I still have a lot to learn this indusrty is like the electrical industry new stuff keeps coming out and things change so you never really stop learning so I was hoping maybe you guys on here could help me out when I need it some of my questions might seem dumb to most of you but try to remember I'm new to the industry and if you need help with anything electrical I would be glad to help you guys out. Thanks

Talking Hello...

I am a new member (obviously). I have been in the HVAC business for over 15 years in the DFW area. I really enjoy this work and love my new job as a technical service advisor. I am NATE certified in A/C, H/P, and air distribution. I am also a proctor for NATE and ESCO. I really look forward to contributing and networking with others who share my passion on this site.

I joined this site to hopefully share what I know with others and get some info in return I'm in the prosses of tooling up right now just ordered a set of 4 valve 800 series imperial manifold guages with the site glass and a uniweld sludge sucker kit anybody got any suggestions on other tools.

I have a penn foster hvacr certicate and also a TN. Tech. hvacr certificate and I'm universal certified and have the 410A certificate also I'm getting ready to get the material to study up for the NATE core test has anyone taken this and got any pointers?

Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526272829303373 ... LastLast