Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae12 View Post
    think I will keep my secrets to myself, enjoyed the site, for the short time I was here, I would rather have an invite to discuss what I know as appose to beg..

No disrespect...

good luck with the site guys!!
    Sorry to see you leave. Begging is not a requirement as far as I know.
    Sending in verifiable information to a group of folks who vet it for accuracy is not begging, no more than submitting your W-2s for a loan request is begging.

The pro forums have a lot of good stuff, but it is not for public dissemination or DIYers.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    I have a couple of questions and I believe this is the right thread to post on. I applied for pro yesterday afternoon and was wanting to know about how long to expect to hear something. Reading some posts just now that some folks get lost in spam; I hope not mine! Lol. So hopefully you guys can keep an eye out for mine?

I also noticed the site changed today. I had posted before on residential forums and did again today but got deleted! Lol. Sorry about that. So my question is: when I get pro, what is the the difference in professional memember and one with the "*" at the end?

I really like the site by the way. I just need to learn it better!

Post Likes
    how bout i send a new app

Post Likes
    This is the busy season. It normally takes a few weeks to process. Sending in two will put yours on the bottom of the pile.

Patience. It will come.

Post Likes
    I've been signed up since 2007, but don't post that much, preferring to read more instead than just post unless I've actually got something really worth contributing, how did you arrive at a 15 post minimum and having to send in qualifications as a requirement for pro membership?
    Surely just sending in trade qualifications would be enough?

Post Likes
    Also, what prompted the change in the tools forum access requirements?
    Previously I had access to read and contribute, now I do not?
    Thanks,
    Damo.

Post Likes
    The tools area should have been Pro Only a long time ago.

15 posts aren't hard to gather. A few more and you are there. Why not send in your application now and post in a few more threads.

Post Likes
    The tools area should have been Pro Only a long time ago.
    I got here just in time. It was the tool area that lead me to this site. Because of that I have DC:s and allways wondering where to buy stuff you recommend. DC was easy 'couse Brenda shipped it right in.

Post Likes
    Tool were always under the pro's category, yet were open to me at least.
    It's only when I tried to access it just yesterday that I noticed some changes had been made to the site and with it I was no longer able to access the tools section.
    As -MAKE- has said above, it was the tools section that led me to this site, and has kept me coming back since. Sure, a few more posts and I'll be there, at the rate I post, that will be next year some time

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Just as an observation, you can not give advice in the AOP area.
    But, if your knowledge is there and you understand the field, then feel free to question anyone (especially me as I ain't perfect by any stretch) on why they are advising "x" instead of "y"?

Fact is, it doesn't seem like there is any attempt to do anything except get those of us in the trade, into professional status with an * behind our names.

Post Likes
    What goes on in the tool section? I'm more interested in the education, but I can see how a tech would want to know about diff tools. Is the tool section really that big of a deal? I plan to make HVAC. A career so I need all the info possible to show my future employer I know what is going on with current HVAC standards, tools, etc.
    BTW 1more post till I get to apply for pro.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    What goes on in the tool section? I'm more interested in the education, but I can see how a tech would want to know about diff tools. Is the tool section really that big of a deal? I plan to make HVAC. A career so I need all the info possible to show my future employer I know what is going on with current HVAC standards, tools, etc.
    BTW 1more post till I get to apply for pro.
    I think Dad, sort of super-uber in charge dude on the forum, just told some dude to apply and then get his post counts where they should be.
    I don't find tools that interesting personally. I got plenty of them and see new ones on a regular basis.
    The education forums have some good stuff, but then again, I don't go there much. Although I probably should.
    The pro forums is where I go. I go to supply houses and pick folks brains. And here? It is like the world's busiest supply house full of some of the most experienced folks in our field, and all of them willing to entertain a question from a n00b. Yeah, the pro forums is where I learn the most.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    This is the busy season. It normally takes a few weeks to process. Sending in two will put yours on the bottom of the pile.

Patience. It will come.
    Alright, you can call me an idiot. For some reason I interpreted your post wrong and I sent in a new application. As if you guys have so many that by sending in two i would at least get to the bottom of the stack. I'll just blame it on the heat.

Post Likes
    CEAS-AC-TECH I'll race you to pro status!
    Thanks Dad! Access for the tool section is back for the underprivileged!
    Stonewallred, I'm looking forward to getting into the education and Pro's section, I guess I like the tools and test section because I'm a bit of a tool junkie.

Post Likes
    I sent you a new App and a copy of the old app i sent back in 2/02/11. Hope this all helps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    I sent you a new App and a copy of the old app i sent back in 2/02/11. Hope this all helps.
    All apps are sent to the Membership Committee, not me.

If I see one I will forward it just like I did a few minutes ago.

The information where to send it to is on the application.

Post Likes
    sorry about that thought it was all the same email...

Post Likes
    There's an APP for that.

Post Likes
    Guys how many ways are there to figure out the super heat of a split system? So far I have heard 4 different ways and I'm confused

Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in