Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PremiumServices View Post
    My name is Paulo. I used to play with computers and electronics building little FM transmitters and SLR controllers when I was a kid and later in high school I decided to attend the tech shcool (electronic). Due to family/financial reasons I had to drop school before I finished to start working (not in the field) and make money. Years later I got some kind of GED (because I'm from South America) and started attending the State University - BS in Physics. By that time I was 21 and had a half decent job. Half way into my degree I found out I couldn't keep working and studying at same time so I kept working - you need to make a living before you do anything else, specially where I come from. I came to America about 11 years ago and after a couple of factory jobs I started working for this AS dealer as a helper and in 6 months, because of my background, I was able to learn the basics really fast and was doing service and installs. About 5 years later I was doing everything including training a new guy every other month even though the company never had more than 4 guys at a time. (for some reason it seems very hard to find good guys in Central Florida). I decided to get my own license but planned on staying there for a while but I guess they didn't want somebody that would become a competitor inside the company so they laid me off when business slowed down about a month before my test. I studied and got my stuff organized (company paperwork,tools,truck, etc..) and once I passed the test I started my business the very next day. Its been slow because it has just passed a year now but I'm happy and always looking for something different to learn. I've visited this site for some time but never posted before and decided to do it because I want to exchange ideas and have a way to help people and get hep as well.

Welcome to the site.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEICE View Post
    Just want to say Hi to the site. My name is Dave and I'm a mechanical engineer and I specialize in ice rink construction. My wife and I are in the process of designing and building a new home that I hope to break ground in June. There's a lot of great knowledge and experience on the site, glad to know there's people out there will to share it.
    Welcome Dave...good luck.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2022 View Post
    I've worked for a grocery chain now for 14 years. 10 of that was as a butcher. Wasn't enjoying it, or just not challenged enough and wanted to change. Talking to the refrigeration guys, I got into that side of the business. Had to start out pressure washing condensers for 2 summers. Even on the hottest of days in over 100 degree compressor rooms pressure washing, never regretted leaving being a butcher.
    Now I've been a tech for around 2 years learning an insane amount of things. Definitely a trade up, sorry, no pun intended.
    Almost everyday is always something new. Can't beat it.
    Welcome Chris...yes this is a chalenging trade.

Post Likes

Hello all

Hey guys new member to the site here. My name is Josh and I'm a 22 year old college student looking to break into the Northeast Ohio HVAC industry. My graduation date is coming up here at the end of may 2011 and I will have completed my two year associates degree in HVACR Technology at Stark State College in North Canton OH. I'm told it's one of the biggest Community schools in Ohio and they are always putting money back into there programs. I have alot of questions on how to prepare myself for interviews and finding my first job in the field so hopefully I came to the right place.

Post Likes
    Hi guys! I'm the newest rookie to this site, even though I have @ 20 yrs in the trades, lol! Started out tinkering with units to now actually repairing & selling them. Even though I have the amount of time in this industry, I still learn something new everyday. I also volunteer online as an IAQ Expert on another site, helping people around the world with Indoor Air Quality & Hvac issues. I join this site not only in hopes to advance my career, but to help any of you when I can. I know what's like to have to learn on my own, and I have treasured the few times that some senior techs in my life took the time to share their valuable time & skills on me. All those getting into this trade or only have been in it a little while....it's hard work sometimes, but in the long run, your investment in it will pay off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jharrold1122 View Post
    Hey guys new member to the site here. My name is Josh and I'm a 22 year old college student looking to break into the Northeast Ohio HVAC industry. My graduation date is coming up here at the end of may 2011 and I will have completed my two year associates degree in HVACR Technology at Stark State College in North Canton OH. I'm told it's one of the biggest Community schools in Ohio and they are always putting money back into there programs. I have alot of questions on how to prepare myself for interviews and finding my first job in the field so hopefully I came to the right place.
    Welcome, gald to have you join us and good luck with graduation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Hvac$alesTech View Post
    Hi guys! I'm the newest rookie to this site, even though I have @ 20 yrs in the trades, lol! Started out tinkering with units to now actually repairing & selling them. Even though I have the amount of time in this industry, I still learn something new everyday. I also volunteer online as an IAQ Expert on another site, helping people around the world with Indoor Air Quality & Hvac issues. I join this site not only in hopes to advance my career, but to help any of you when I can. I know what's like to have to learn on my own, and I have treasured the few times that some senior techs in my life took the time to share their valuable time & skills on me. All those getting into this trade or only have been in it a little while....it's hard work sometimes, but in the long run, your investment in it will pay off.
    Welcome....glad to have you join us.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Welcome....glad to have you join us.
    Thanks Tech23!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jharrold1122 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Hvac$alesTech View Post
    Welcome here guys!

Post Likes
    Thanks guys I know I'm not supposed to ask questions here but which part of the forum would be suitable to ask questions about ways to get prepared for interviews and any other tests I should take before I start applying. Right now in Ohio jobs even at an entry level position are kinda slow so I'm thinking I should study really hard and take a shot at the N.A.T.E to ensure to employers I have enough knowledge to get hired any thoughts? Also helpful study material for the test would be really great

Thanks!

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    Post Likes

Old guy,new to the site.

Hey everyone. Been poking around the site. Lots of good info on the open forum can only guess at what is on the pro sites. Lots of fun watching the pros pick on each other. Remember the only stupid question is one you don't ask.

Post Likes

Cool 189

Like to thanks this site for the great work they are doing.
    "wet behind the ears" In NYC the home central air is evolved, but now I’m working with GE AZ28E07DAPM1/M2 wall HVAC, would like to understand the configuration of the Door switch. Is the switch open or closed @ door to start. Also, CN2 bar has 11.4V. Please help to stop the AC chasing an wide open door at our motel balcony rooms.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome here guys!
    Thanks chuckcrj!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.phil View Post
    Hey everyone. Been poking around the site. Lots of good info on the open forum can only guess at what is on the pro sites. Lots of fun watching the pros pick on each other. Remember the only stupid question is one you don't ask.
    Welcome

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profquadratic View Post
    Like to thanks this site for the great work they are doing.
    "wet behind the ears" In NYC the home central air is evolved, but now I’m working with GE AZ28E07DAPM1/M2 wall HVAC, would like to understand the configuration of the Door switch. Is the switch open or closed @ door to start. Also, CN2 bar has 11.4V. Please help to stop the AC chasing an wide open door at our motel balcony rooms.
    Welcome. This is a thread for those wanting to go pro to talk about their experiences in the trade. Your question cannot be answered out her in the open forums.

Post Likes
    New to this site, but it has already helped me greatly, especially with passing my epa exam "universal" and my r410a and pm tech from mainstream engineering. I know its not much but it's a start and this site got me through it.

In other news....I got a job! A small, residential company (what I was looking for) hired me on as an installer. It's a start and I can't wait to get going and work my way up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jason3kgt View Post
    New to this site, but it has already helped me greatly, especially with passing my epa exam "universal" and my r410a and pm tech from mainstream engineering. I know its not much but it's a start and this site got me through it.

In other news....I got a job! A small, residential company (what I was looking for) hired me on as an installer. It's a start and I can't wait to get going and work my way up.
    Congrats!

Post Likes
    Respectfully Thank you. 8 years is a small time. This forum/web sight helps in many parts and many ways. Looking forward to classes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profquadratic View Post
    Respectfully Thank you. 8 years is a small time. This forum/web sight helps in many parts and many ways. Looking forward to classes.
    Yes it does...but we cannot answer specific technical questions that a DIY person could use here in the open forums.

Post Likes
    hello out there.... I just wanted to introduce myself....I passed the Cal c-20 test today !!!!....Time to relax.....I have tips if anyone needs them...this site was a big help....thanks ....Geordan ... onward and upward

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in