Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Tech,
    I just realized what your avatar picture is. Are you trying to say a coil cleaning is ment for kids? Lmao! I've done my fair share of coil cleanings and many more to come.

And to add to my woes last night, it was outside, right on the water in Brooklyn, I worked from 2200-0130 the next morning, Single digit temps, and the wind was blowing @ 30-50mph. I had asked my boss if I should just go home since I was checking out an AC system and it was too cold. His response was "I can't send out the bill if you go home can I?". No bills sent = No paycheck. Gotta make money somehow.

I'm still wondering what the hell this means: Anyone?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS John View Post
    Tech,
    I just realized what your avatar picture is. Are you trying to say a coil cleaning is ment for kids? Lmao! I've done my fair share of coil cleanings and many more to come.
    That is my oldest daughter (9 now) when she was 3 yrs old...she loves to go to work with Daddy and has never been afraid of heights.
    Last edited by Tech23; 02-09-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Typo

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Post Likes
    Ted
    thanx for the great email

was havin a bad day!!!!!!!

not anymore!!

Frank

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Ted
    thanx for the great email

was havin a bad day!!!!!!!

not anymore!!

Frank

Hey, I do what I can for ya buddy!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

Post Likes
    can you make this frikkkikikin cold go away??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post

Hey, I do what I can for ya buddy!

Post Likes
    can you make this frikkkikikin cold go away??????????
    I said, "I do what I can for ya"....that I can't do. Was kinda hoping the emails were HOT enough to compensate.

How much snow did you get, we got between 8-12" depending on the area.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyess View Post
    Thanks.
    Yes the versatility of this industry is one of my biggest turn ons. I like to feel like I'm actually doing something and it helps not doing the same exact thing the same exact way everytime.

In fact. I can install the same complete system 100 times. And it will b a completely different install every time, Guaranteed.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    SO I was working in a kitchen, and walked by the desert table. I noticed that it was full of ice and the water was almost overflowing.
    I asked why they had the ice and they told me it was to keep the deserts cold. I looked at the side and saw a sheet metal section. I pulled on it and it came out and behind it was a small compressor and condenser. I asked them about it and they told me they didn’t know that was there. The cabinets next to it were used as storage they were so packed no one seemed to use them anymore. So I got my meter checked voltage it was 208 then I hooked up my gauges and system had pressure. I found the on switch so I flipped it. The unit made a cloud of what I thought was smoke so i panicked and shut the unit off. After I turned it off I realized it was a cloud of dirt. hahaha. So I cleaned it THEN turned it back on. Don’t know what I was thinking. hahaha. Compressor amp draw was well within range evaporator got cold liquid line got warm and all was well so i left it on and told them to call me if it started to make ANY noise or if it had a strange smell. Apparently that unit was intalled but no one knew it was there. hahaha guess i could have charged them for a new install. hahaha The unit ran fine all day let’s see what tomorrow brings

Post Likes
    Ohh and I also unplugged the drain it had a plastic wrapper and what used to be food at one time.hahaha

Post Likes
    I would just like to introduce myself. My name is tony I have been in the HVAC industry since 2004. I am the second tech at the company I work for. I do everything from install to heating and cooling service including service work on Mitsubishi mini splits, I also work on Bosch tankless water heaters. I hope to one day become a service manager for the company i work for.

Post Likes
    Welcome Tony.

Post Likes
    thank you tech and I like your signature that is a pretty good one and true

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8604 View Post
    thank you tech and I like your signature that is a pretty good one and true
    Thanks Tony...so how do you like working on those "Mit-u-bit-ch-e" units?

Post Likes
    new to the site , hoping to learn alot and possible help others out , think its pretty cool thing to get to hear about hvac problems and solutions. We have alot of good techs where i work but are more concerned with being better than each other than helping each other out. hopefully i can pick some good things up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    new to the site , hoping to learn alot and possible help others out , think its pretty cool thing to get to hear about hvac problems and solutions. We have alot of good techs where i work but are more concerned with being better than each other than helping each other out. hopefully i can pick some good things up.
    Welcome Thomas. What...competition among service techs...in the hvac world, never heard such a thing.

Post Likes
    never heard of that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post

Post Likes
    never heard of that before!
    Yeah, me neither...must be a new trend!

Post Likes
    here is a picture of the guy at work trying to take my job and take my job!
    I had to kill the mechanic before him!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, me neither...must be a new trend!

Post Likes
    Thanks Tony...so how do you like working on those "Mit-u-bit-ch-e" units?
    Actually I don't mind working on them now that i have been to a class on them and have a zip drive full of all the info needed to work on them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8604 View Post
    Actually I don't mind working on them now that i have been to a class on them and have a zip drive full of all the info needed to work on them.
    Yeah, my favorite part of the class was them telling me there is really no way to know if the charge is correct...you just basically have to dump it and weigh in new...what a *$cked up piece of S$*t. Like we are going to do that on every service call...yeah right.

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in