Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    There are really lurkers over there? Damn! I thought I was writing in deep obscurity.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Is it me or is this place a little scary? We get a lot of people lurking around here! I guess it's better than people leering!

Oh well! Welcome to the site!

Illinois, huh? My home state.

Where 'bouts in Illinois?

Guess I should go ahead and say it. Be sure and check out ARP! It's near the bottom of the main menu. There a bunch of lurks there!

Be sure to shake hands with ROBO, coolwhip and glennac. Robo is the ring leader of that group. I think he owns arp! any luck and you'll meet jmac00 and markl.

good luck!
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    There are really lurkers over there? Damn! I thought I was writing in deep obscurity.

PHM
    -------

Post Likes
    Poodle head mikey. Is it just me or do you resemble chief Arulu on Mchales Navy?!

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    You have found me out. I am, in fact; the former body double for Jacques Aubuchon. Since 1992 of course; work went to nothing, my savings ran out, and I was subsequently forced to become a refrigerator repairman.

PHM
    ------

Poodle head mikey. Is it just me or do you resemble chief Arulu on Mchales Navy?!
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I love that show. I saw arulu in a western once.

Post Likes
    hey everyone,
    I've been in the trade for 3 years now and generally work in the light commercial field. I'm always looking for advice on the best way to approach problems and hope that I can share what experience I have.

Post Likes
    Welcome to the site.

As to approaching problems, cussing and screaming seems to fit many of the guys here.

You'd probably be best to visit ARP near the bottom of the main menu. The ARP committee guys are very knowledgeable as well as helpful.

Their skillful competent approach, coupled with years of organized problem solving, qualify them to help you acquire a keen professional mind, capable of solving the most difficult hvac dilemmas, ensuring you have a long, prosperous and illustrious hvac career.

These men have been hand picked and groomed to handle ANY situation that you could possibly encounter in your HVAC career or otherwise.

Not only are they capable,but they are joyfully commttied to serving you, unselfishly, with no concern for their own personal welfare and safety, in the ARP section of HVAC Talk.

Their personal addresses and cell phone numbers could be made available to you,( as a member of ARP) on a 24 hour basis should you need their services.

Please text ROBO for the details. I'm sure he would be honored to give you the ARP committee members personal information.

That's ARP at the bottom of the main menu.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    uhhh! Is there a good answer to this?!

Post Likes
    The town of Northeast John? Or did you just mean that everything else is located to the southwest of you for the most part?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by johnp7108 View Post
    hey everyone,
    I've been in the trade for 3 years now and generally work in the light commercial field. I'm always looking for advice on the best way to approach problems and hope that I can share what experience I have.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Arulu, little help here! that post you told me to do attracted some attention.

Post Likes

Remind me again how that is any of my concern?

BTW: What post i told you to do?

PHM
    ------

Arulu, little help here! that post you told me to do attracted some attention.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    My answer is a little late, but Ironpit I am in north central Illinois.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    BTW: What post i told you to do?

PHM
    ------
    Sorry about that! I was under pressure from the poster in #908.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHeater View Post
    My answer is a little late, but Ironpit I am in north central Illinois.
    I'm from champaign.

Post Likes
    I'm a second generation HVAC professional on the wholesale side of the counter. I worked in the warehouse of of a supply house part-time for about 8 years while going to school. I went full time in the warehouse for about a year before moving up to the counter. That was about a year and a half ago.

Never never gave two about this stuff before going into sales, but now I'm frantically trying to learn this stuff. I've found the open forums to be a wealth of information and hope to get my post count up to join the Educational forums.

Post Likes
    Jingle, where 'bouts in Indiana?

Post Likes

New to site

I started around 3 years ago in this business. I have a degree in bus admin, a degree in industrial technology concentration in HVAC, and a tech cert in industrial maintenance. I have found that this is the hardest industry to get started in. I started with a little three man crew, then moved to a multi-billion dollar company. With the larger company I was given the most horrible jobs no one wanted to do. I did them till I got enough hours to get my licenses. While in school I fixed family and friends ac and furnaces for free with my school books beside me lol. I learned a lot by doing that. Then while I was with the larger company doing the ****ty jobs I was getting a ton of side work fixing anything and everything I was given. Needless to say once the company found out the GM moved me to a service van and then the service manager kept holding me back, but I did not allow that to stop me. I continued to read and learn. I left that company and started my own heating and air company. In the last six months I've learned to set rooftop units, make duct systems, and etc. I have surprised a lot of people that said I was worthless cause I went to school for HVAC instead of doing it the hard way. Needless to say I've learned a lot and I've got a lot more to learn, but I'm so ready for that journey just to prove all the people that doubted me wrong. I can say I truly love the HVAC world and I crave for more knowledge to become a leader in the HVAC world.

Post Likes
    I'm from Southern Indiana FYI

Post Likes

Cool

Jingle Scott do u work at Lee Supply by any chance lol if you don't mind me asking?

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in