Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104 ... LastLast
Results 1,210 to 1,222 of 1468
    I started in the HVAC field when I was 19. My friends dad owned a residential HVAC company, and he hired a group of house for the summer to help with installs. I was kept on for the next four years due to my work ethic. I became proficient with installations and began to learn service. I then enrolled in college and studied business for the next five years. During the summers I would still work in HVAC. I've installed everything from residential systems in Florida to commercial systems in Colorado. I graduated in May of this year with my bachelors degree in business management. Now I am back working for a residential HVAC company. I am the A/C installer, trim out guy, performance tester, and service guy. I occasionally work on rough ins when the A/C side is slow. Our company only goes on service calls on equipment that we have installed, but that is a good thing as I dont have a lot of experience in that area. I intend on getting my Mech IV and contractors B license so I can start my own business. I hope to use this site to help educate myself.

I just renewed my RSES membership that I let lapse over 20 years ago. It will be interesting to see some of the guys running it, who were some of my instructors back when i was in trade school.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I received my c-20 a few months back, and should have my DBA tomorrow. I've had my EPA certificate for a couple years now. Now I'm just setting up accounts with the distributors in my area, and trying to get an idea of what all the prices are. I'm curious to find in this forum everyones strategies for marketing. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahV View Post
    I received my c-20 a few months back, and should have my DBA tomorrow. I've had my EPA certificate for a couple years now. Now I'm just setting up accounts with the distributors in my area, and trying to get an idea of what all the prices are. I'm curious to find in this forum everyones strategies for marketing. Cheers!
    what part of country are you at?

Do you know if there is any kind of violation or banning? Or does the posts just get deleted?

you have to be pro to post in AOP (is that what you are referring to?)

if problem solving involves continuing to learn things like "no one 'moves' heat' as th heat moves all by itself and memorizing a few (or have access to) formulae, I enjoy the mysteries and creative solutions (better ones that is) that I have found and build on to do well...

yu honest one dude ! goo'4U!

I wore a new suit a couple of times. Seemingly efficient and well-performing PRACTICAL systems per a situation, make me feel the same...

NNOW
    "PN"

PN:

What else do YOU like in rfg; heat transfer; tech trouble shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    you have to be pro to post in AOP (is that what you are referring to?)
    To take this a step further...

Before you are permitted to post responses in the AOP sections of this site you must:

1. Become a Professional Member. This involves being approved by the Membership
    Committee.
    2. Apply to the AOP Committee and be approved as an AOP Professional Member.

Neither process is difficult, intrusive or onerous.

started when I was in college, needed to pay for college,got part time job in htg and cooling, enjoyed it so much, jumped into htg and cooling and left college

I went to college and got a Bachelor's, which didn't serve me well. Worked odd jobs but always enjoyed maintenance and doing "hands-on" things (my dad's a former auto mechanic). Ended up going back to school last year for HVAC/R and just finished that in Feb. I've been working in the field for a little over a year now and love it! First job was with a small residential company that like my people skills and now I'm with a larger residential/commercial company.

What? So you mean that somebody approved the likes of ME ????

Who ARE these people who would do such a thing ???

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    To take this a step further...

Before you are permitted to post responses in the AOP sections of this site you must:

1. Become a Professional Member. This involves being approved by the Membership
    Committee.
    2. Apply to the AOP Committee and be approved as an AOP Professional Member.

Neither process is difficult, intrusive or onerous.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

You'll get over it PHM ! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Who ARE these people who would do such a thing ???

PHM
    -------
    After reading your posts for several years, PHM, I believe that I would pay for the privilege of being permitted to carry your tools for you.

Besides a certain eloquence in your manner of posting and a wry sense of humor, you have a deep knowledge and understanding of this trade (and others, I'm certain) and a great wealth of experience upon which to draw.

What's NOT to approve of?

Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104 ... LastLast