Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jarganda83 View Post
    I'll bet you wish you had that R-22 back. That stuff has gone through the roof out here in CA.
    Here in New York Abco has it for XXXXX a drum, Carrier is selling it for $XXXXX. How much out in Cali?
    Last edited by Dad; 06-12-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Bill... remember your open area pricing rule.

thx

Your post was edited.
    Sorry about that.

I heard that in 2014 their coming out with a different freon has anybody heard. If so what is it going to be.

Their always coming out with different refrigerants, remember freon is Duponts brand name for refrigerant.

Has anyone used mo99 in air cond units. The info that I have read said that the manuf would void warranty. With the expense of 22 I would like to help with the cost of repairs so we could all eat without driving people to portable ac units. Any info would be greatly app.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldallas View Post
    Has anyone used mo99 in air cond units. The info that I have read said that the manuf would void warranty. With the expense of 22 I would like to help with the cost of repairs so we could all eat without driving people to portable ac units. Any info would be greatly app.
    I watched a video from Dupont on the refrigerant they changed a bunch of units and said it was fine.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I heard you lose a ton of cooling, if you had a 5 ton unit after drop in of MO99 it will now be a 4 ton unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldallas View Post
    It worked fine for me i used it wih no problems. replaced the drier and schrader valves heres a link for it
    http://www2.dupont.com/ISCEON/en_US/...asic_steps.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BillDuffy View Post
    I heard you lose a ton of cooling, if you had a 5 ton unit after drop in of MO99 it will now be a 4 ton unit.
    You only lose 4 -6% capacity. Also discharge temps run 30-40 lower which is better for the compressor.

oh its great

I'm new here , nice thread!

New to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    There is a 15 post rule for the Membership Committee to process your application for Professional Membership here. "Joy" posting doesn't count.

So, how do you bring your post count up and give pertinent information for the MC to consider? Easy, post in this thread about your experiences and the jobs you have been on. Speak to each other about how and why you decided to get into this business and how you expect to advance in this trade. Tech School?? Talk about your classed and what you were taught.

Before you know it your 15 will be 60. Good luck and Welcome to H-Talk.

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, and after reading the post by "Dad", I am writing my very first post here on this thread to introduce myself to you all. I was first introduced to the business by a relative in 2006 who started his own company with his son (my cousin). I started as a helper on new installations on many small and medium sized residential and commercial projects. They ranged from 150+ condo unit projects, large hotels, doctors offices, department stores, restaurants, food and beverage retailers, and new construction residential housing. I installed ductwork at first, then I moved into equipment installation. I installed for about 2 years. Then I began as a helper on service calls for about a year, and then I was moved rather quickly into service calls after I obtained my Universal EPA certification, which is what I have been doing ever since. I have mainly been taught by my uncle and cousin. I decided to go to tech school a year and a half ago because I realized after a few years in the business that I needed to learn to do things "the right way". I have 2 more semesters to go and I will have my diploma in HVAC. I work full time and I go to school full time. I have worked many different jobs, but when I began working in the HVAC field, I fell in love with it. I love the feeling of having accomplished something, being challenged every day, and the feeling of satisfaction I get when I leave a customers home who is happy with the work I have done for them. I have finally found a profession that I absolutely love to do. I look forward to learning much more in the years to come.

Talking

so i started in hvac as a summer job at a place my pops worked at to do the ***** work, but once the summer was over and i ran out of things to do i started watching the tech work on the equipment and asking a boat load of questions next thing you know it was 3 years later and i was working and fixing and troubleshooting the equipment although i dont have a hvac cert, i have my epa thru the military and been working with hvac for 4 years., and just recently got hired on to work on redsidental equipment about 5 months ago so im still learnig as always and im hoping to go get that hvac cert once i get home from afghan. and the summer season winds down.. but so far in these 4 years im lovin hvac i love going out by myself fixing things and making people happy

Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073 ... LastLast