Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104 ... LastLast
    Ok thanks. But what are ptac's? Seems most of the equipment referred to on this is DX coils in AHU's. Fed from remote condensing unit. Get some of them over here but not as common. Are you working in Europe ATM or In the states?

Thanks. So it's lik a packaged unit with condenser and evap all in the one unit. Would this be the type of unit I've heard referred to as a window ratteler?

Window shakers haha they go in peoples windows as a type of portable temporary equipment although some homes leave them as they do not have central air
    a ptac is through the wall and is permanent

I c. Yea doesn't sound lik sorta thing u wud want to have in Permanent.
    Just wondering how long do u have to train for to b an hvac engineer in USA? I did a 4 year apprenticeship although was being sent to jobs on my own from 3rd year onwards

usually in order to be a journeyman you would enroll in trade school (which you are in now) and you graduate and are elligible for journeyman status...the education should never stop..your employer should be sending you to classes and having in house training..ive been to many classes and keep every single piece of information i find or receive and use it to study and refer to

Thanks, so how many years would trade school be? Yea I've done a couple courses since my apprenticeship and found them pretty useful! Def agree with that, u never stop learning in this trade, a lot of different types of systems diff controls and refrigeration circuits! Every days a school day haha

Well I've been a member here for a while now, figure its time to get the post count up and get the pro membership.

Went to tech school for a 1 year program, landed a job in residential hvac company as a pm technician. Got slow during the winter and was laid off. Went back to welding for about 3 months until I found a job as a helper for a commercial hvacr company. Worked my way up and now have been doing commercial hvacr pm and service for about 2 years.

I Love doing HVAC/R work it was a perfect job dissucion when I was looking for a career coming out of Highschool. I was gonna be an auto mech but landed a delivery job right out of highschool delivery auto parts to auto shops. The tech where all miserable assH%$les and I learned fast that if i went down that road I would also be miserable LOL. So I started looking at other jobs I wanted to work with my hands and be mobile and meet diffrent people etc. So someone mentioned HVAC (Think it was MOM) and I did a co-op and loved it went to Night school to get my G3 Gas ticket which alows you to basicaly just change gas meters etc. Then I went to a 2 yr Full time HVAC course to get my G2 Lic which is the tech lic and I went to an approved school its approved by the TSSA. Then worked in the field for 2 years got signed up as an apprentice for my refrid ticket which is 5 years 3 courses and a final exam I have done 4 years and 2 courses so far. So I hope to finish that off next winter and be fully lic for Refridgeration. Then I wanna go back to school and get my G1 gas lic. I LOVE THIS TRADE never stop learning and diffrtent stuff everyday. keeps my ADDHD Brain on its toes LOL. When I get all my Lic i plan on starting real small and doing my own thing but have seen so many guys shoot to big to soon and sink im nrevous

new to the site

Lets see, it was about 13 years ago. I was working in retail and going nowhere. My brother said to me " You want a real job", and got me into the company he was working for at the time. I went to oil burner school and got my license(was thrown to the wolves many times at before acquiring the license.) Then moved on and got Type 1 and 2 recovery license.
    I have learned a lot in the field in respect to all facets of heating and cooling installations and troubleshooting.
    I love what I do and only wish I got started sooner.

Looking forward to learning new things and hope to gain more knowledge as I read threads.

Twilly is one of the smartest guys on the site, one of the voices that Twilly often hears told Twilly to say that. That said Twilly is glad to be surrounded by such a wealth of knowledge and appreciates the friendships Twilly has made via H-Talk.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I have been in the industrial electrical field for 13 years now and I have always had to deal with that side of hvac/r systems started in a food processing plant with nh3 and now Im in the cement manufacturing industry all Of our server rooms,electrical rooms have anything from 15 ton to 42 ton trane commercial units I have been guilty of thinking hvac/r was mostly electrical man was I wrong I had my company pay for my epa 608 and I learned alot enough so till thats what I want to do full time I enjoy reading on here you all are some very sharp people hope to be here a long time

I joined the union local234and went through five years of apprenticeship I finished with the top award in our school.I have. Ow been in this trade 8 years. I found this site through a friend and have been hooked I would like pro status to gain valuable info. I would also love to help out my union brothers when ever I could

Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104 ... LastLast