Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101 ... LastLast
    Thanks GA. Lots to learn, is why I'm here. Much appreciated!

test

pro stat

hay Dad i have bin in the field since 89 as a tech, i remeber the old contols with cube relays and milivolt generator gas valve,still used on fire logs i have Nate, geo, heat pump, mr slim , air flow, install,service ect... I am on this site to learn more about new trends, maby help other techs with questions, im not happy home owner, and i dont own my own bussiness, i dont know it all ,just because ive ben arround a wile does not mean i know it all I call tech support like every one els just not as often as i used to but when new equipment come out like TAM's from trane or greenspeed from carrier or new stuff from nutone panasonic , clean air effects , honeywell new pos steam Humidifire, April air new steam and their new stats , all kinds of equipment comes out all the time its nice to see a tool like hvac talk , i would like to use it moore. I hope you will allow me into tech chats and other forums. as you can see by some of my comments im not a home owner they would not know about the cube relays on the controll boards, the would not know that you have to know the line set length to charge a mitsu city electric system and they would not know the japenies come and inspect your first install at least they used to when it first came out , and they did that before they would let you get certifycation to service them . home owners don't know you have to turn your power off to get your dip switches to re set they don't know that if the reversing valve has more then 5 degrees differnce between the comon suction and suction means its not fully shifted . well we know this stuff , i hope that i have said enough to you that wer off to a good start , i would like to build trust with hvac talk thank you

Smile New kid on the block

Well hello hvac world just wanted to say I'm new to the field and I'm currrently looking for work and going to school for a AS degree my Plan is to start my own business in the future just trying to meet hvac business oriented people so I can better my skill wish you all the best as well

Well here goes nothing, gonna make a run at pro membership . Still in school I have completed the electrical portion and EPA Universal and have 2 more to go. Looking forward to contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by AFoster View Post
    Well here goes nothing, gonna make a run at pro membership . Still in school I have completed the electrical portion and EPA Universal and have 2 more to go. Looking forward to contributing.
    Be sure to read the Pro Rules... must have 15 post minimum to be approved. Link is in my signature below.

student of the trade

Hello everyone! I am new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a student working toward my certification in hvac. I am already a tech that works on commercial kitchen equipment.

Mechanical HVAC Design Engineer

I'm a Mechanical Engineer HVAC system designer from UC Santa Barbara with a lot to learn from the Grey beards on this site.

I also am ME from UCSB. Except I am a grey beard - graduated 1974. Did solar hot water design build contracting and sales for 10 years, sold commercial HVAC equipment for 4 years, then designed commercial and industrial HVAC for over 15 years. In the last 6 years I benefited from being able to work together with maintenance and construction tradesmen.

Don't we love HVAC because you never stop learning? There is so much to know that no one will ever know it all. It is a creative field which makes it fun. It also causes everyone to have their own opinion which sometimes can be a problem.

want to be a profes. member

I have had a terrible time with using old computers and viruses but now I have finally bought one that is new and has proper protection.

I would love to become a pro. member and ask that U please give me consideration for such a posiotion or guide me and explain what I have to do to become a pro. member

thanku 4 your time

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifer View Post
    I have had a terrible time with using old computers and viruses but now I have finally bought one that is new and has proper protection.

I would love to become a pro. member and ask that U please give me consideration for such a posiotion or guide me and explain what I have to do to become a pro. member

thanku 4 your time

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

what ever you do: Do NOT start a thread asking "How Long....
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Went to school for hvac, got my UNIVERSAL and 5 months later no job

Cool Who Choice is

I started the trade back in 1982 in Fremont California working the Press my sophmore year in High School then later, I went to the old UTI school in Arizona. I graduated then worked at a ma and pa shop in Half Moon Bay California called Wilsons Sheetmetal. Within a year I was aproached by the Sheetmetal Union and started the apprenticeship. Then transfered to Seattle and completed my 5 year apprenticeship with Local 66 Sheetmetal Workers Union. After 9/11 I started the 5 year HVAC Apprenticeship in the Plumber Fitters Union. Somewhere in the middle I studies accounting and had my own business for 5 years. I currently work for the best mechanical Contractor in the Northwest. If I had balls I might be further ahead, but I don't. In any case there is a lot of DO NOT DO'S on this site.

Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101 ... LastLast