Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354555898 ... LastLast
    I've been running service calls for around 2 years now and I love this job.I learned the basic theory of how things work at a local Vo-tech after high school but nothing compares to on the job training.

I have a lot to learn about this site and my job.I worked as an electrician in a factory wiring wave solder and reflow ovens.I had good benefits but bad pay and no job satisfaction or security.I also worked pressure washing restraunt hoods,good pay but no benefits or enough hours. Started with a local AC company doing installs with no experience or tools.I learned alot about commercial and residential installs but wanted to do service.I had alot of people tell me I didn't have enough experience to do service.I DID NOT GIVE UP.A couple of years and jobs later I am the happiest I have ever been at a job.My company values me and my work,they treat us like family.

I was lucky, my Dad did refrigeration work so I was exposed for a very long time before I decided to get in the field too. After working for one employer for a very long time on everything from 1 1/2 ton splits to 70 ton chillers and boilers I took out a second mortgage and hung my shingle and opened my own doors about 6 years ago. I planned to stay small and so far we have grown slowly but steadily in business. We have 3 service trucks now and frankly I think that is plenty. I'm 48 years old and hope to have a "mom and pop" type business into retirement.

Hi my name is Josh and i have been in this trade now for eleven years and in my mind have only just scratched the surface of this industry . I fell into it by chance and was excited by the possible ways I could go in the trade and have found I really enjoy the ever changing world in which I work and have made it a point not to limit myself to one specific ave my working title is service tech but really I am an all purpose guy swinging between service and install and love every minute of it and have found if I didn't learn something today I didn't go to work

I love my job. I do not love frigidaire.Had a circuit board not sending pwr to xfmr.replaced with new board ,tripped breaker and burnt board at 9pin plug.No ohs to ground or between phases.Help.The ah is b3bm048kbb downflow with matching hp.Electric backup is warren w4h2002bl.

NOOB

I am becoming Tech savy to hopefully understand what is going on with my current system to keep it running properly!

I am studying at a college for HVAC, I hope I can get help from this forum and learn more. Thank you so much.

i started out going to night school at the career center for facilities maintenance.my class was heavy on refrigeration and hvac though and i realized thats what i wanted to do.i had a friend in class that worked for the wasserstrom compeny.yes the same wasserstrom that makes custom refrigeration products such as mega tops prep tables undercounters and reach ins for the restaurant industry.i started out makeing doors and cabinets then learned tig and mig welding.when i finished my nightclasses,4 hours a day mon thru fri after work, was hard but proud i completed it,i transfered to the refrigeration department.the class was a 600hr class and worth every dime.

once in the refrigeration department i started to learn so much about restaurant refrigeration equipment.its been over a year now and im ready for a service job. i already build assemble troubleshoot and service the equipment.it is hard to get started in this field.

take any job any opportunity you can get.dont stop learning.keep trying eventualy you will get your chance.work on any thing you can get your hands on.dont be scared if vyou havent worked on something before just rember basic theory both refrigeration and electrical,and you can figure it out.keep it simple.i just completed my first walk in cooler job.my friend is opening a small country store and needed a walk in.all his equipment he bought used.it was all mismatched equipment.everyone he hired said it would not work.i got online learned how to size the box, evaps and condensing units.went to work its been running for a week now no problems keeping a 34 to 39 temp. the box was 10x28x8.i was nervous and intimidated by this job but i prevailed.

sorry for rambling .just dont give up keep trying and eventualy you will get that good paying service job.remember you can learn something about this trade every day.

ksefan you are so right. to all new people coming out of school and finding it hard to find a job. dont give up keep trying you will get a break eventually

Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354555898 ... LastLast