Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484 ... LastLast
    I made Pro! Awesome, Thanks All!
    When it is said that BacNet is a better protocol than LonWorks, I die a little more inside.
    ~knottyjabe

Hi All! Well My First post here. I am 41, Like Long walks on the beach... oops wrong forum.

I started at 16 @ night @ San Jose City College in 1986. Worked in a wholesale house from 18-24 years old.
    Have worked for building owners in house, Contractors Large and small. Had my own Sales and contracting business for 5 yrs. Now back to working for some one else. Im so old, my Epa card has 4 digits.

I can play with Vfd's, 100+hp motors, Air Balancing, Pneumatics, and Teach a 1st year apprentice they do not need a 40lb tool bag to do a service call. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I know r22 is gone, but I had this name for awhile in a nonrelated vbulletin forum.. thx

Quote Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
    Hi All! Well My First post here. I am 41, Like Long walks on the beach... oops wrong forum.

I started at 16 @ night @ San Jose City College in 1986. Worked in a wholesale house from 18-24 years old.
    Have worked for building owners in house, Contractors Large and small. Had my own Sales and contracting business for 5 yrs. Now back to working for some one else. Im so old, my Epa card has 4 digits.

I can play with Vfd's, 100+hp motors, Air Balancing, Pneumatics, and Teach a 1st year apprentice they do not need a 40lb tool bag to do a service call. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I know r22 is gone, but I had this name for awhile in a nonrelated vbulletin forum.. thx
    Welcome here!

I like the way you think! I hope you stick around and share your knowledge with us.

oooh im excited! I am happy to!

Wink okay so what about us office managers?

receptionist/purchaser/customer service/dispatcher/billing

I have been in the biz 16 years and sometimes think i could fix anything even tho I have not touched any tools I like to tell the service techs what they are going to find wrong just hate it when they prove me wrong

hey freonr22 you married? oops wrong forum LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    You have enough posts to apply for Pro. See my sig file below for the link.

You will find that we have a full Educational Forum for answering your question but as of right now you are locked out of it.
    Thank you sir. I have sent My App in with My info needed thanks

Hey DAD
    Any idea how long before I can view The pro info?

Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Hey DAD
    Any idea how long before I can view The pro info?
    It depends on the load the committee has. It could take a week or three. Right now the committee is pushing them out pretty quick so I would say by this time next week you will have your pro status if you qualify.

Thanks!
    Im trying to impress my new Boss when I start my new job on the 19th of this month.

I have won numerous speed reading contest lol naw I know there is a lot of in but id like to come in with more than I learned from school. Then I will continue to read and become more and more knowledged at hvac systems. I want to know the most as possible so when I'm talking to a customer I am confident so I can make the sale.

You have to fill out form ,your name email,your education,epa card and have to make si many posts here, thats what i am doing right now its pain but they wanna protect our
    Trade and avoid people reding some staff and than getting hurt, you need patience,good luck

It's been five weeks now working my new position. Everyday is interesting as I get back into this field. I worked low temperature R-12, R-502 & back in the 80's-90's over a period of 17 years as part of my responsibilities. Some R404A on newer equipment too.

This past week another interesting job. We have a ice cream shop in town. The owner makes all of his own product. He has a huge garage with a few walk-in freezers & at least one walk-in refrigerator and three race cars! Unit diagnosed with a defective compressor on an old R-12 Tecumseh condensing skid which was converted to R409A at some point in the past. I was tasked to install a new Copeland compressor. The install went well along with the new tubing arrangements. Purge, pressure test, evacuate & recharge, mostly very basic work. Of course no job goes easy as I discovered a defective fan motor upon start up. A box fan kept the condenser cool overnight, new fan motor installed on Sat morning. Refrig temps at 37F. The customer back in business. I am rewarded with a dish of the best ice cream in town.

Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484 ... LastLast