Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    I sent you a new App and a copy of the old app i sent back in 2/02/11. Hope this all helps.
    All apps are sent to the Membership Committee, not me.

If I see one I will forward it just like I did a few minutes ago.

The information where to send it to is on the application.

sorry about that thought it was all the same email...

There's an APP for that.

Guys how many ways are there to figure out the super heat of a split system? So far I have heard 4 different ways and I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Guys how many ways are there to figure out the super heat of a split system? So far I have heard 4 different ways and I'm confused

You have enough posts to apply for Pro. See my sig file below for the link.

You will find that we have a full Educational Forum for answering your question but as of right now you are locked out of it.

Thank you sir! Soon as I get back to texas I will print the app out and scan and send it back unless I can find a friend. To help me out...

Joined a year ago and have been reading posts and learning as I go.

Been an hvac electrical tech for over 30 years and had my EPA Universal certification for 10 years but left the actual gas work to others in our company.

Fast forward to 2010 and the era of downsizing and I'm the only tech left in the company.

I watched and worked with the others and have a good understanding of what's going on but still there is so much more to learn.

This is a great site for that!

Bob

Hello members,
    I have once again found myself working in this trade. It all started in the early 90's when I worked on low temp, high pressure units used in the liquid co2 industry. I was a cryogenic tech at the time working on LIN, LAR, LH2, LOX & last but not least LCO2. CO2 is certainly a different animal than the atmospheric gases. Our systems used Copeland semi-hermetic condensing units, Sporlan & some Alco TXV's. Some tanks used Frick belt driven units too. CO2 tanks have the evaporator inside of the tank and as a tech, you can never lay your hands on it. Two stubs penetrating the tank, that's it.

I went to night school for refrigeration back then too. I think I was the only cryogenic tech in our company who took the refrigeration end of the business seriously. I really enjoyed the theory end of the refrigeration circuit.

I got out of field service in the cryogenic business in 2002 but I have re-discovered my passion in recent months. In the past few months I have worked on restaurant kitchen freezers, large commercial office building rooftops & smaller residential units. It's a challenge but never a dull moment.

I had a customer tonight that called me and another company to service his A/C. Then gave me a look of disbelief when I pulled up right behind the other guy and was pissed. He called me three times to ask if I was on my way yet, then I called him just before I headed his way.
    Man some people never learn!

Cool Posts

It all started for me when I was repairing household refigerators. I went to a Frigidaire class on refrigeration. It was interesting to see the refrigerant change states in the glass tubes of the trainer. Everyone knows you can't see through copper lines. Its challenging and fun to diagnois a system. I like to diagnois refigeration with the operating temperatures. That is from the small systems that holds less than a pound of refrigerant. They have more critical charges being so small. I have worked in the conditioned air field now about 15 yrs mostly residential. I want to learn more about them and commericial systems as well.

What made me decide on wanting to get into HVAC/R trade , well it always had my attention and wanting to learn but life had other plans for me till now. I attended NorthWestern Tech for Climate Control, I like working on things to see and learn how they work, and find this field can offer a challenging but rewarding career. One thing had me wanting to learn more was learning and understanding how a AC system work ,and still blows me away when you pull a system into a vacuum the remaining refrigerant boils off, I find myself in Walmarts ,or any other store that has coolers or machines that are HVAC/R related and looking and trying to trace what lines I can see ,or looking at the coolers and seeing the evaporator fans just a humming inside, and it’s these things that make want to go as far as I can in this trade …

How Do i become a pro member i'm trying to read the posts about residential duct design but it's not allowing my access

Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383 ... LastLast