Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 403 of 1468
  1. #391
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,000
    Quote Originally Posted by sjofkfr View Post
    I have been on this board for a few years now, but with the recent changes, it looks like I will need to apply for Pro membership in order to view some of the forums I have become accustomed to.

    As far as my background....

    I bought a heat and air company just over 5 years ago and, at the time, did not even know I had filters to change in my own system. Since then I have gotten my contractors license and learned a great deal about the industry, but you would still probably not want me to come out and fix your air conditioner or heater, unfortunately, I am just not that handy.

    As for my company, we are a small outfit with only 1 service tech, 2 installers, an officer manager and myself. We do mostly residential and light commercial.
    We always welcome new Pro applications but...

    All the forums that were visible to you are still visible to you. The only thing that has changed is we are taking control of how our new guests are treated.

    Everyone can still post in the AOP areas but you can't give advise without your (*). That doesn't mean you can't ask questions or question the (*) answers.

    We aren't shutting things down, but we are putting a new and respectful light on the site reputation. As it stands now, it's unacceptable.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    We always welcome new Pro applications but...

    All the forums that were visible to you are still visible to you. The only thing that has changed is we are taking control of how our new guests are treated.

    Everyone can still post in the AOP areas but you can't give advise without your (*). That doesn't mean you can't ask questions or question the (*) answers.

    We aren't shutting things down, but we are putting a new and respectful light on the site reputation. As it stands now, it's unacceptable.
    I no longer have access to the tools forum, which I used regularly to get opinions and reviews of tools, as well as learn about the latest and greatest.

    No problem, I probably needed to apply for pro membership anyway. There is a wealth of other information that I have not had access to over the years. Just never really been one for posting on message boards...

  3. #393
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,000
    There is something else I did today. I change the permissions so everyone can actually view or take a sneak peek within the Pro Forums. You can see the titles of all the Pro Forums and the thread titles discussed but that is as far as you can go. The only exception is the Pro Pub.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mt.Home AR
    Posts
    175
    I have sent a request to go pro along time ago and havent heard anything back i am working in the field and so on i sent a email with all the info...can i get some help please.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,000
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    I have sent a request to go pro along time ago and havent heard anything back i am working in the field and so on i sent a email with all the info...can i get some help please.
    How long is a long time ago?

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mt.Home AR
    Posts
    175
    Back in sent 2/02/11 i sent u a new email with all my info with epa number and my works HVAC -R number.. and college info as well wow i sent it out of my other email account that i really dont use much i need to update my info sorry about that

  7. #397
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,000
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    Back in sent 2/02/11 i sent u a new email with all my info with epa number and my works HVAC -R number.. and college info as well wow i sent it out of my other email account that i really dont use much i need to update my info sorry about that
    Simply send then a polite email and ask if your application was received. Some get lost in Spam heaven.

  8. #398
    think I will keep my secrets to myself, enjoyed the site, for the short time I was here, I would rather have an invite to discuss what I know as appose to beg..

    No disrespect...


    good luck with the site guys!!

  9. #399
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae12 View Post
    think I will keep my secrets to myself, enjoyed the site, for the short time I was here, I would rather have an invite to discuss what I know as appose to beg..

    No disrespect...


    good luck with the site guys!!
    Thanks for the heads up... I'm sure we'll be fine.


    Toodles

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX.
    Posts
    148
    May pease be with you DANEA. Son LOL!

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae12 View Post
    think I will keep my secrets to myself, enjoyed the site, for the short time I was here, I would rather have an invite to discuss what I know as appose to beg..

    No disrespect...


    good luck with the site guys!!
    Sorry to see you leave. Begging is not a requirement as far as I know.
    Sending in verifiable information to a group of folks who vet it for accuracy is not begging, no more than submitting your W-2s for a loan request is begging.

    The pro forums have a lot of good stuff, but it is not for public dissemination or DIYers.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Abilene Tx
    Posts
    82
    I have a couple of questions and I believe this is the right thread to post on. I applied for pro yesterday afternoon and was wanting to know about how long to expect to hear something. Reading some posts just now that some folks get lost in spam; I hope not mine! Lol. So hopefully you guys can keep an eye out for mine?

    I also noticed the site changed today. I had posted before on residential forums and did again today but got deleted! Lol. Sorry about that. So my question is: when I get pro, what is the the difference in professional memember and one with the "*" at the end?

    I really like the site by the way. I just need to learn it better!

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mt.Home AR
    Posts
    175
    how bout i send a new app

Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event