Page 28 of 113 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334353878 ... LastLast
    The voice inside my head is always talking about chicks and fishing!

Hey everybody after high school went to work for York at a factory started making the furnaces and a/c's then moved into the sheetmetal fabrication side.

Then after 9 yrs they shipped the factory to "ol Mexico" and I thought I would go to trade school to learn the trade.

The Ex-wife wanted to move to Florida so I thought why not and went to trade school there.While at trade school I got to do a co-op where I worked 3 days and went to school 2 at a defense contractor doing HVAC/R.

Well there was no openings at the defense contractor when I was done so went to work for Hussmann and I they really threw me to the wolves.I was on call after about a month and i was called to a super target at 1 in the morning with everything down.I was so nervous but lucky me it was just a tripped breaker.

In this trade you are a hero or a zero and I have had my share of zero's.

Well that defense contractor called when there was an opening and here I am working on all kinds of HVAC/R equipment.

Been in the "business" for about 23 years now. I do mostly commercial large tonnage split systems and centrifiguls. Minor residential on the side with a friend when he needs help.

Work in NYC area, lots of yellow sight glasses !!!!

What else is required for Pro membership ??
    Extended dehydration is the key

On the Job

I got to do some HVAC work yesterday! I had a Universal Tech here at work and we (he) found the loose common that was killing the stat and the burnt contactor that was keeping the second compressor from running. This is the same guy I hope to do some grunt work with to gain some on-the-job. I also looked at a sick Suburban PTAC, compressor runs, but pulled almost no amperage, no temp change on the suction or pressure lines. We decided it has a leak and no coolant. The service tube is almost impossible to get to, of course. I know we will have to tap it somewhere to check the charge even if we don't fix it so it can be evaced, but that will wait for another day. In the mean time, I need to decide if we will spend time looking for a leak or just replace it since it is 10 years old.

Me thinks this is going to be a cool trade. Now to figure out subcooling and superheat. (lol).

Glad to join HVAC talk, I am also a new comer, if need buy HVAC components from CHINA, just feel free to contact me.

New to forum

Hi all, my name's Jack. I've worked as a mechanical operations supervisor for the last 5 years. A lot of this included maintenance and repair of A/C rooftop units, restaurant refrigeration, as well as several installation projects. I am also working on getting my stationary engineering degree and have been in school fro this since 2008. I was recently laid off but planning on finishing school by the end of this year.
    I hope I can meet some people in the industry though this site and possibly find work. I am also on a constant search for knowledge and will try to use this site to answer some valuable questions.
    -Thanks

Tools

Quote Originally Posted by elex.vinson View Post
    Glad to join HVAC talk, I am also a new comer, if need buy HVAC components from CHINA, just feel free to contact me.
    Tools?

Talking Devote to improving life quality,benefit from Science and technology for mankind

Quote Originally Posted by elex.vinson View Post

I think I should say more about myself,and look forward to making friends around the world.
    My name is vinson,borned in 1984,got bachelor degree of Tourism Management from Xinjiang Shehezi University in 2007. In the past years I worked for 2 companies, the first is for Auto wheels and auto parts,i quit it because of the wired company culture of a family corp. Then I joined a Top 500 famous brand in CN for sanitary wares,it sells well in domestic, however,little investment on foreign selling,Since it needs more efforts on the product quatity and lead time and price, they focus on domestic market, and pay less attention on export. No support on the product certification,ignore the lead time,poor package...I have tried many times to convince the boss,but was refused. Fight or Flight, I chose flight.
    In May this year,I started to Join a company for HAVC, specializing in THERMOSTATS, MOTORIZED VALVES, BALCING VALVES, DAMPER ACTUATORS manufacturing and export,in this area, there is almost zero for me,and there will be a long way to go, however, i am always ready...

Look forward to making friends all over the world....I believe HVAC-TALK forum will make the distance and gap short yet closer.

factory products about HVAC--Theromostat,actuator,balancing & motorized valves

Quote Originally Posted by Vactech Ny View Post
    Tools?
    Good day
    factory products about HVAC--Theromostat,actuator,balancing & motorized valves

So how do you go Pro? I've applied after so many posts last week, and attached my licenses, and such, but haven't heard anything. Did I miss something? Don't know where else besides here to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo2327 View Post
    So how do you go Pro? I've applied after so many posts last week, and attached my licenses, and such, but haven't heard anything. Did I miss something? Don't know where else besides here to ask.
    I have no idea, it is easy to procceed, and no extra specific steps,maybe,you can refer to the admistrator. I am also a new comer...
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo2327 View Post

it's hard to get good help these days.............

ooohhhhh,i'm gonna pay for that

it takes time, the committee members have paying jobs also

p.s.

i assume you filled out the application?

p.s.s

you don't want to start a thread asking HOW LONG BEFORE......

it gets amusing
    Last edited by dandyme; 06-03-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

How it all got started

I started in the industry about 8 years ago. I have always been in the multi family housing industry. I was taught a lot by my supervisor at the time which had 24 years under his belt. He was a hell of a trouble shooter and taught me the same. My industry is filled with under paid rednecks that know how to do nothing but change parts. They don't know what the parts do or are called let alone the sequence of operations. So anyway after shadowing him for a year I got my epa certification. Then I pretty much went from gopher to do all. Meaning i did all and he did nothing lol. Continued to work with him for 3 more years. I then got a promotion to another newer property. The problems are still here just different ones. Problem was i got here 5 years after build and the idiot that was here before me did his weight in damage. But all that is far in the past and cleaned up know. I am proud to say that of the many tasks i come across in a days work i specialize in Heating and Air. I have just completed the camt course and passed with flying colors. I joined this site to learn about system that i don't get to deal with on a daily basis as well as help people with systems that I do

Page 28 of 113 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334353878 ... LastLast