Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEICE View Post
    Just want to say Hi to the site. My name is Dave and I'm a mechanical engineer and I specialize in ice rink construction. My wife and I are in the process of designing and building a new home that I hope to break ground in June. There's a lot of great knowledge and experience on the site, glad to know there's people out there will to share it.
    Welcome Dave...good luck.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2022 View Post
    I've worked for a grocery chain now for 14 years. 10 of that was as a butcher. Wasn't enjoying it, or just not challenged enough and wanted to change. Talking to the refrigeration guys, I got into that side of the business. Had to start out pressure washing condensers for 2 summers. Even on the hottest of days in over 100 degree compressor rooms pressure washing, never regretted leaving being a butcher.
    Now I've been a tech for around 2 years learning an insane amount of things. Definitely a trade up, sorry, no pun intended.
    Almost everyday is always something new. Can't beat it.
    Welcome Chris...yes this is a chalenging trade.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

Hello all

Hey guys new member to the site here. My name is Josh and I'm a 22 year old college student looking to break into the Northeast Ohio HVAC industry. My graduation date is coming up here at the end of may 2011 and I will have completed my two year associates degree in HVACR Technology at Stark State College in North Canton OH. I'm told it's one of the biggest Community schools in Ohio and they are always putting money back into there programs. I have alot of questions on how to prepare myself for interviews and finding my first job in the field so hopefully I came to the right place.

Hi guys! I'm the newest rookie to this site, even though I have @ 20 yrs in the trades, lol! Started out tinkering with units to now actually repairing & selling them. Even though I have the amount of time in this industry, I still learn something new everyday. I also volunteer online as an IAQ Expert on another site, helping people around the world with Indoor Air Quality & Hvac issues. I join this site not only in hopes to advance my career, but to help any of you when I can. I know what's like to have to learn on my own, and I have treasured the few times that some senior techs in my life took the time to share their valuable time & skills on me. All those getting into this trade or only have been in it a little while....it's hard work sometimes, but in the long run, your investment in it will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharrold1122 View Post
    Hey guys new member to the site here. My name is Josh and I'm a 22 year old college student looking to break into the Northeast Ohio HVAC industry. My graduation date is coming up here at the end of may 2011 and I will have completed my two year associates degree in HVACR Technology at Stark State College in North Canton OH. I'm told it's one of the biggest Community schools in Ohio and they are always putting money back into there programs. I have alot of questions on how to prepare myself for interviews and finding my first job in the field so hopefully I came to the right place.
    Welcome, gald to have you join us and good luck with graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Hvac$alesTech View Post
    Hi guys! I'm the newest rookie to this site, even though I have @ 20 yrs in the trades, lol! Started out tinkering with units to now actually repairing & selling them. Even though I have the amount of time in this industry, I still learn something new everyday. I also volunteer online as an IAQ Expert on another site, helping people around the world with Indoor Air Quality & Hvac issues. I join this site not only in hopes to advance my career, but to help any of you when I can. I know what's like to have to learn on my own, and I have treasured the few times that some senior techs in my life took the time to share their valuable time & skills on me. All those getting into this trade or only have been in it a little while....it's hard work sometimes, but in the long run, your investment in it will pay off.
    Welcome....glad to have you join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Welcome....glad to have you join us.
    Thanks Tech23!

Quote Originally Posted by Jharrold1122 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Hvac$alesTech View Post
    Welcome here guys!

Thanks guys I know I'm not supposed to ask questions here but which part of the forum would be suitable to ask questions about ways to get prepared for interviews and any other tests I should take before I start applying. Right now in Ohio jobs even at an entry level position are kinda slow so I'm thinking I should study really hard and take a shot at the N.A.T.E to ensure to employers I have enough knowledge to get hired any thoughts? Also helpful study material for the test would be really great

Thanks!

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US

Old guy,new to the site.

Hey everyone. Been poking around the site. Lots of good info on the open forum can only guess at what is on the pro sites. Lots of fun watching the pros pick on each other. Remember the only stupid question is one you don't ask.

Cool 189

Like to thanks this site for the great work they are doing.
    "wet behind the ears" In NYC the home central air is evolved, but now Im working with GE AZ28E07DAPM1/M2 wall HVAC, would like to understand the configuration of the Door switch. Is the switch open or closed @ door to start. Also, CN2 bar has 11.4V. Please help to stop the AC chasing an wide open door at our motel balcony rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome here guys!
    Thanks chuckcrj!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.phil View Post
    Hey everyone. Been poking around the site. Lots of good info on the open forum can only guess at what is on the pro sites. Lots of fun watching the pros pick on each other. Remember the only stupid question is one you don't ask.
    Welcome

Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast