Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum - Page 13
Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 1468
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    never heard of that before!
    Yeah, me neither...must be a new trend!

    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  2. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,828
    here is a picture of the guy at work trying to take my job and take my job!
    I had to kill the mechanic before him!!!!!!!!!!











    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Yeah, me neither...must be a new trend!


  3. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Thanks Tony...so how do you like working on those "Mit-u-bit-ch-e" units?
    Actually I don't mind working on them now that i have been to a class on them and have a zip drive full of all the info needed to work on them.

  4. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8604 View Post
    Actually I don't mind working on them now that i have been to a class on them and have a zip drive full of all the info needed to work on them.
    Yeah, my favorite part of the class was them telling me there is really no way to know if the charge is correct...you just basically have to dump it and weigh in new...what a *$cked up piece of S$*t. Like we are going to do that on every service call...yeah right.
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  5. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Yeah, my favorite part of the class was them telling me there is really no way to know if the charge is correct...you just basically have to dump it and weigh in new...what a *$cked up piece of S$*t. Like we are going to do that on every service call...yeah right.
    I don't like that they want the charge checked each time either from my experience its normally electrical not charge and if the unit is installed correctly i don't think we need to check the charge. there are a lot of checks you can do before checking the charge. i always go for electrical first and charge last even on a conventional system.

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8604 View Post
    I don't like that they want the charge checked each time either from my experience its normally electrical not charge and if the unit is installed correctly i don't think we need to check the charge. there are a lot of checks you can do before checking the charge. i always go for electrical first and charge last even on a conventional system.
    Yeah, still sucks though. I think they should have made it so you could put it in a test mode that would run it at full load and then say at this temp inside and this temp outside you should be looking for this....but hey, I am no engineer.
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  7. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nashville ,TN
    Posts
    272
    I like having to use an adapter just to check charge on alot of the mini splits.

  8. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    I like having to use an adapter just to check charge on alot of the mini splits.
    LOL...the engineers of the units have never had to work on them...obviously.
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  9. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    161
    I would say they new exactly what they were doing when they made the ports different from "standard". Its kind of like the cap on the gas valve adjustment for the Trane units, it is pointless other than making you have to buy "their" stuff to work on the equipment.

  10. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by 929rc51 View Post
    I would say they new exactly what they were doing when they made the ports different from "standard". Its kind of like the cap on the gas valve adjustment for the Trane units, it is pointless other than making you have to buy "their" stuff to work on the equipment.

    You are probably right...dang right wingers!
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  11. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grand Prairie,TX
    Posts
    151
    Hi all. first off I'm not a tech guy. my background has been in management, computers, and sales with an emphasis on customer service. Basically the HVAC company I work for brought me in to help redo the website and then do some marketing and sales. but before I knew it I got sucked into dispatching, managing the office, and other extraneous tasks.
    I attended a Goodman dealer meeting in Irving last night and got some great ideas.
    I think I bring some customer service views not normally seen in this industry. at least from what I've seen so far. I'm in the middle of cleaning up our database of customer names and addresses to send out our spring postcards, which I re-did the design for as well. I'm an Art Institute ...well.... I was gonna say drop out, but I got kicked out really.
    but that was long ago in a different life.

    Looking forward to sharing my experiences here as well as learning from y'all.

  12. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb45696 View Post
    Hi all. first off I'm not a tech guy. my background has been in management, computers, and sales with an emphasis on customer service. Basically the HVAC company I work for brought me in to help redo the website and then do some marketing and sales. but before I knew it I got sucked into dispatching, managing the office, and other extraneous tasks.
    I attended a Goodman dealer meeting in Irving last night and got some great ideas.
    I think I bring some customer service views not normally seen in this industry. at least from what I've seen so far. I'm in the middle of cleaning up our database of customer names and addresses to send out our spring postcards, which I re-did the design for as well. I'm an Art Institute ...well.... I was gonna say drop out, but I got kicked out really.
    but that was long ago in a different life.

    Looking forward to sharing my experiences here as well as learning from y'all.
    Welcome, sounds like you are doing well.
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh , PA
    Posts
    7
    I work for ProMech In Cheswick PA, And I have interest in becoming an apprentice with the union soon. I currently go to CCAC west hills center in Pittsburgh and I am enrolled in Air conditioning. I have had other courses, In Electricity and Refrigeration. I want to get on your website in order to commit myself further to my own education, as well as furthering those whom I may contact with your web-site.

Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event