Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum - Page 8
Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast

Cool

you could keep beer in there too!

beer and dvr>>???
    what is missing?
    hmm??
    beer!!!!!!! cameras? hmm!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc289 View Post
    The computer walk in cooler. I never tought of doing it that way. Just insulate the walls and turn the whole thing into a walk in.

But Yeah My SST is 22*
    although ambient today is alot colder its 29* superheat is 16 today subcooling 38

The reason why they want the room temp so cold is they also have these super expensive DVR cameras that record the building 24-7. and they store the information for 2 months, they have an internal temp readout and thats what they use instead of room temp. I tried telling them that the internal temp wasn't that vital and that the cameras could take it but they said they didn't want to risk it.

oh yeah!

GIRLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold room+Beer+Girlz+Recording equipment= trouble really fast caused by a sudden increase in superheat. hahaha

you are right
    forget the beer!

Cold room+Beer+Girlz+Recording equipment= trouble really fast caused by a sudden increase in superheat. hahaha

SST . . . is this the same thing as Delta T?
    and go ahead and post tha vids. Beer, girls, camera, and SUPERHEAT! nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Klay View Post
    SST . . . is this the same thing as Delta T?
    and go ahead and post tha vids. Beer, girls, camera, and SUPERHEAT! nice.
    the Saturated Evaporator Temperature (SST) line
    Saturated Suction temp

Hi ya'll..sorry Im just getting to this forum.I join a few months ago..alot of great info here..Anyway,Im currently attending Vatterott for hvac.Im EPA certified,tracpipe certified,and Im about to be green certified..
    Anyway,I just wanted to pop in and say Hi..

Quote Originally Posted by uzzo2 View Post
    Definitely not taking it the wrong way, I'd love to learn all of that stuff. But I'd rather learn it from guys like you are referring to here. You need to understand that we know the instructor here at the technical school. He's been doing it a real long time and is a smart guy. Even he told me when I went and talked to him that I would be better off just trying to get on with a company and work under a skilled technician for a while. He said that I would learn more that way than he could ever teach me in the classroom. He gave us an example, Rheem had a manufacturing plant here, they closed it in 2009 and moved to Mexico. As part of their severence package, they had to further their education so guess where they went. This instructor told us that about 25% of them were just there for the check. When the rest of them graduated and were placed on jobs, well over half of those didn't make it very long. They either quit or were terminated, even the good ones he said that made very good grades just didn't understand what they were supposed to be doing once they got out on a job for some reason. We actually installed a new package unit for one of these guys last summer and we questioned him about it. He worked for Rheem for over 20 years and had been through the program at the school. We asked him why he didn't just install the unit himself with all of the experience he had. He told us that he just assembled them, and he didn't know anything about working on them. We're still scratching our heads over that one, I'm not downplaying a good education mind you. Just saying that everyone learns differently, I'm a hands on kind of guy. I had already enrolled and was ready to go after I healed from my spine surgery. But I couldn't even get a part time job at a fast food joint to try and make ends meet while I was going to school. I have a family to support and my wife is disabled so she can't work. Without me, there's no income coming in, so I can't be sitting in a classroom even if I thought it was a good idea without any income, know what I mean?
    I agree somewhat,but you need that peice of paper,and you need to be ceritfied.
    Im 37 years old,I was a sheet metal worker for years.I been laid off for two years.There are hardly any jobs out there. I am what you call a jack of trades,master of none.I decided to go back to school to be a master at one..I have a family to support as well,but if we both apply for the same job.who do you really think they will hire..I have the schooling and the certifcations..you are right about some of the teachers that are teaching,but its up to you to do what you need to do..I teach my self alot,I do have a couple of teachers that go above and beyond to help me ,even though Im not in their class anymore..I think that you do need schooling,even if you need to teach your self.You got to have that schooling behind you when you try to get a job in the field nowdays..
    just my 3 cents..

The computer walk in cooler. I never tought of doing it that way. Just insulate the walls and turn the whole thing into a walk in.

But Yeah My SST is 22*
    although ambient today is alot colder its 29* superheat is 16 today subcooling 38

The reason why they want the room temp so cold is they also have these super expensive DVR cameras that record the building 24-7. and they store the information for 2 months, they have an internal temp readout and thats what they use instead of room temp. I tried telling them that the internal temp wasn't that vital and that the cameras could take it but they said they didn't want to risk it.
    The internal temps is actually pretty vital, but I bet it's way below what is required. Some of these IT people really make me scratch my head. I bet if they checked the specs of their equipment, it does NOT call for 40* supply air... Less efficiency and less capacity.
    I would guess you're either going to be cycling on setpoint pretty quickly and could cause thermal shock. Or you could start to trip low pressure/freezestats assuming these units have such protection.

Quote Originally Posted by dreg View Post
    The internal temps is actually pretty vital, but I bet it's way below what is required. Some of these IT people really make me scratch my head. I bet if they checked the specs of their equipment, it does NOT call for 40* supply air... Less efficiency and less capacity.
    I would guess you're either going to be cycling on setpoint pretty quickly and could cause thermal shock. Or you could start to trip low pressure/freezestats assuming these units have such protection.
    I know that the internal temp is vital but they believe it is the only temp we should look at. and dont care about room temp. when the machines are going and the temps go up they panic and want to open the doors to allow the hot air to escape... after i told them all they were doing is letting the cold air out, they put a stop to that and are trying to figure other ways to let the hot air out.

This unit has Variable frequency drive fans so it the temps drop too low the outdoor fans will slow to about 4% of capacity.

And Yes my deadband is wild the Comp is set to start at a 10% load. When it does the temp drops 5* immediatly then idles and turns back on in 10 minutes. it overshoots the temp then starts the cycle over again.

Hey guys! I just got into the field almost a year ago. My uncle, which has been in this field for over 35 years, introduced this field to me. I grew up in florida and my career was in the yachting industry. When the economy took a big hit it was very hard to find work out there. So i moved up here in new york my uncle got me a job for the biggest hvac contractor of the tri state area (which im very thankful for). I came into the field not knowing anything at all about hvac. All i knew that an a/c blows cold and hot haha. it was very hard for me in the beginning to understand the field and i still have so much to learn. I know very little in this field now but more then what i did know about a year ago. I am very interested in this industry and hope that this site will help me out.
    Steamfitter Local 638 Metal Trades
    Apprentice for PJ Mechanical (Started March 22, 2010)
    "Link Removed By a Mod"

why was link removed by mod?????????

was it a link to your union? or company?

Quote Originally Posted by Novak7669 View Post
    Hey guys! I just got into the field almost a year ago. My uncle, which has been in this field for over 35 years, introduced this field to me. I grew up in florida and my career was in the yachting industry. When the economy took a big hit it was very hard to find work out there. So i moved up here in new york my uncle got me a job for the biggest hvac contractor of the tri state area (which im very thankful for). I came into the field not knowing anything at all about hvac. All i knew that an a/c blows cold and hot haha. it was very hard for me in the beginning to understand the field and i still have so much to learn. I know very little in this field now but more then what i did know about a year ago. I am very interested in this industry and hope that this site will help me out.

i was just told that i have to become a pro member to have that link. it was a link to the company i work for
    Steamfitter Local 638 Metal Trades
    Apprentice for PJ Mechanical (Started March 22, 2010)
    "Link Removed By a Mod"

Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast