Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337376777879808182838485868788899093 ... LastLast
Results 1,067 to 1,079 of 1468
    Just finished my Associate's degree in HVAC in December. Been working in the field since May '11 as a maintenance technician at one of the larger companies in the area. I'm 25. Looking towards becoming a repair tech and have other future career related goals. Started to lurk on here a little while ago and figured 'what the hell?' so I joined.

i"ve done everything from houses to 6 story hilton"s to suny cancer genome center"s to presswork. now i"m trying my abilities under my own banner..and i"m scared as ****

Quote Originally Posted by mphkz766637465 View Post
    i"ve done everything from houses to 6 story hilton"s to suny cancer genome center"s to presswork. now i"m trying my abilities under my own banner..and i"m scared as ****
    Please read the top two banners.

NEW USERS CAUTION: If your user name spells or means nothing or your email address is a garbled mess your account will be locked.

If you are not a spoof registrant then you can't read. Your account is now locked.

You may contact me... the info is in the top banner... and I'll be happy to change your user name.

11 minutes; that didn't take long.

sic'em tiger
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Well, to begin I'm not a pro in this stuff.
    I've an engineer degree in Electronic and Communications and work in a Power Plant.

Currently I'm collecting some info in order to optimize the exploration of hvac equipement in our control containers.
    We think that we are spending to much energy and we can save some money without losing eficiency.
    Some of our hvac are from Liebert and use Microface E to control the temperature and humidity.

Let see if I will reach the pro level one day in the future ...

Started working after classes in high school as the shop boy. Boy how much garbage can those installers produce. After cleaning up all the garbage, parts, etc so many times that I finally knew what all the parts were, they would have me deliver to them on jobs...then go back to the shop with their garbage. Occasionally they'd let me stay, and they taught me how to be a duct monkey. Eventually I graduated from the shop boy position, to full time duct monkey. Since not every day entitles ductwork, they soon taught me how to do install an AC. Then a furnace. Unfortunately due to my size and the seniority of the other installers, whenever a duct job came around, I got to be the crawler. I overheard the boss and service manager talking one day saying they were looking for a maintenance guy. Tired of crawling for days straight (we were in our busy season), I asked for that position. After a little discussion among themselves, they said I could have it. That in turn led to service, and that's the job I like doing. Using my brain to fix a broken piece of equipment. I still do installs every now or then, but mostly as overflow or every now and then when we find an unsafe furnace for some "little old lady" and don't want to leave her without heat over a weekend.

Also, forgot to mention that the reason I the problem solving of service is I've always liked problem solving. I have a Bachelor of Science in both Mathematics and Biology.

Well I am trying to go pro, but i stomped around where I shouldn't have been and made the mods mad I think. I was only trying to help people with questions. Oh well.

Here is my story. I started in the HVAC trade when I was 12. My parents were building a house and they twisted the arm of an Electrician/ HVAC Master to apprentice me. 14 months later after much blood sweat and tears (Yes Literally!, He's a perfectionist) He decided that I would make a good gofer, since I was home-schooled I got to work a ton. That was 19years ago, and now I have finally started my own company. (It's Lots of paperwork nowadays and LOADS of government and tax baloney!) It is a great profession and I love helping people/fixing problems. That is why I come here, to learn how to better help people and to give experienced advise.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJN832 View Post
    Well I am trying to go pro, but i stomped around where I shouldn't have been and made the mods mad I think. I was only trying to help people with questions. Oh well.
    did they spank you for posting in AOP? (might consider re-READING the rules).
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Frown Gee thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    did they spank you for posting in AOP? (might consider re-READING the rules).
    Thanks for adding insult to injury. I have read the rules many times now. The reason I posted in the first place was to HELP others. And it had been a while since I had been on HVAC-Talk and I had forgotten that I was not yet register as a pro.

THANKS ALOT!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    When I started, I knew nothing and knew that I knew nothing.

Then I learned a little and thought I knew a little.

Then I learned a little bit more and I knew that I knew everything.

Now, I know a little bit more and know that I will never completely understand this stuff.
    Best thing I ever learned is that I will know nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337376777879808182838485868788899093 ... LastLast