Page 80 of 113 FirstFirst ... 307073747576777879808182838485868790 ... LastLast
Results 1,028 to 1,040 of 1466

Cool HELLO WORLD

Greetings All,
    My name is Greg i am a 29yr old male. Been in the trade 8-9years; specializing in commercial sheet metal installation & fabrication. I have moderate experience in controls & refrigeration and currently working towards gaining my contractors license in the state of California. I joined to HVAC-TALK community to strengthen my service/refrigeration skills & further my sheet metal my knowledge. Also as a future 'business owner' I hope to gain some great business knowledge while a making some new friends.

My interest in the HVAC industry came from a family member that always pushed me into looking for opportunities in the trade. 8 years later, now a foreman in Commercial HVAC Install & very eager to continue to grow and become knowledgeable in more than just install. While at the same time not letting my sheet metal experience go to waste I plan become self-employed and continue install while increasing my technical knowledge on the side. anyways.. thanks for reading.. and happy thanksgiving to all!

-GF

Hey folks, My names Erik, I'm 20 and I have no clue why i got into this field! :P No, it stems from my Step Dad bein a general contractor, so I took up the construction management course in high school and that led me to an HVAC-R course at a trade school (which was an absolute waste of $$$) I have only been working in the field for a year and its not my favorite thing to do but its tolerable and you can't really ask for more than that in this economy . So right now I'm working for a Service company in the HVAC dept (obviously), and trying to learn as much as I can, which is the main reason I joined this forum, I would like to advance my skills so that I can start helping everyone else!

I am in maryland currently but when I finish tech school will be moving to Florida

Confused

I Started going to Trade School for HVAC two months ago. I hope this is the correct direction to go in to get into this trade. I recently got laid off from my job as an auto body estimator and am sick of dealing with cars and am moving to florida when I am done school. So far this trade seems awsome! I would like to know if anyone has any advice for a 30 year old just getting into the trade?

New student

First post to introduce myself. I'm currently enrolled at Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH with the goal of earning a Certificate in Residential and Light Commercial HVAC. Two more weeks left in my first semester. I work full time and attend three different courses (Principles of Refrig., Tools/Safety, and HVAC Wiring) four nights a week. Wish I could go full time and start working in the field sooner.

Love this site and all the helpful people. Hope I can meet the 15 post minimum to see what the good stuff is all about!

Thanks in advance for your support.

30 is young

I went thru HVAC school at the age of 40. I am now 44, this trade has kept me humble. If possible, surround yourself with good people, and techs who take pride in their work. The money has not come my way yet, but I am keeping up with the bills.

Hi my name is Derek, 23, MN. I graduated tech school in Dec. 2008, and earned a diploma in HVACR. I currently work as res. HVAC serviceman for a small company. I plan to achieve a NATE certification in the future. I joined HVAC talk to learn more about the trade, and hopefully share information when the opportunity arises.

Work as hard as you can and don't take shortcuts. If you're boss doesn't allow the extra time it takes to do things right find a boss who will. Never become the the average tech and your career will flourish just fine and you may even gain a rep that makes for a strong business if you plan to pursue that in the future.

Can you teach a middle aged dog new tricks?

Hello Everybody,
    I am new to HVAC talk but not new to the industry. I have been installing Hot and Cold Water systems in commercial spaces for many years. I am just now looking to the internet for some of the new trends to stay ahead of the curve. A little late, I know. haha Looking forward to sharing the knowledge!
    Mike

I guess you can say that I fell into the trade. I was and still am on the side a graphic designer for the past 12 yrs but how life is, I received an ultimatum from my wife, "get a real job or I'm leaving". So I decided to to HVAC. Why because my father was in the trade before he fell off a 20ft ladder and messed up his hand and back. So since I enjoyed mechanics, it was a easy choice for me. Did the whole tech school, which I came out with a degree. Sounds good but then it's time to get a job in the field and everyone is looking for 5yrs plus of experience. How do you get the experience if no one is willing to open the door? So I was able to land a job with a well known company in the industry but I was just being pulled by my chain until they had to do a "cost saving" and I was laid off. So much for the whole "we'll get you trained in no time!" So once again I'm hitting the streets but it's hard trying to keep those skills that I have aquired fresh and crisp. Like the saying goes use it or lose it. So I'm looking for a job again but doing a little side jobs on the side trying to keep the skills in tune. But nothing like being with a company that will invest and allow you to learn. I know they are out there but those days of, "Hey want to learn something new and exciting with no experience!" are long gone. Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short! But non the less I'm still striking it!

Hello my name is Mike I'm 29 and have been a HVAC/R service tech for about 8yrs. I currently do commercial and residential work.
    I've worked on just about everything over the yrs but mastered very little. Thats what I love most about this industry, always learning something new.

Yeah, I received an email that my Professional Membership status was approved and my account will be upgraded in about 24 hrs. Now I can now read the good stuff! Big thank you to the HVAC-Talk membership committee, I'm looking forward to seeing the in depth Tech chat!

Hello all I'm really glad that this forum exists, Ive been in the tade for about 16 years now.Well for me it started w/ parents owned several restaurants back in the day, and watching the repair techs come out and service equipment was how i got interested in this field. I had always been into tinkering with anything i could get my hands on when I was a kid, and so it began for me, I am blessed to be in a trade where the demand is there.

Ill start off by saying a little about my dad and hvac teacher. He his education at a local communit college, got his aa and started working. When someone told him about one of the big companies he swore he would work for them. He actually drew up a picture of a service truck with this companies logo and posted it on his wall. Long story short he made it and then left to start his own company servicing chillers.

Me, I dont have any formal training yet. Just work with my dad doing what he tells me. Now Im ready to take the next step, get my aa in hvac and business, hit up all the courses us air offers and expand the business.

Page 80 of 113 FirstFirst ... 307073747576777879808182838485868790 ... LastLast