Hi. I found this site via some of the threads and responded to those before I actually introduced myself so my 3rd post will be my introduction...

I live in Jacksonville, FL and started HVAC school in March. I graduate in December which will not be the best time to find work here in Jax, but I will still be ecstatic. I have had a strong customer service and computer technical background most of my career so anything mechanical related is pretty much new to me. I do well in class, probably the 2nd best student, but I am the only one there everyday whereas everyone else in my class are absent, if only a couple of times. Some miss 2-3 days per week. My mentality on this is that when it comes time for the school to help place me on a job, my attendance will give me an edge.

I am enjoying the studies more than I thought I would and look forward to a long satisfying career. I seem to have grasped heat pumps well which in our area is a good thing. Anyway its late and I do have class tomorrow. I just wanted to get my posts flowing so hopefully by the time I graduate I will be in a good position to become a valued member.