Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going pro

Going pro

I am very new to the forum, and all indications are that the "good stuff" is all on the Pro section. Need to get 15 posts, but with all the rules about DIY, and the fact that I can't yet get to all the good stuff, I am not quite sure how to get to the 15 posts. Any suggestions? Do I just write stupid stuff to get my numbers up, or is there a better way? I guess if enough people respond to this question, and I thank everyone who answers, I'll get to the 15, but is that considered cheating?

Good question...i'm just hoping to get mine by replying to others' legitimate posts

Thanks, Auburn Tigers. Maybe I'll hang out on the New Member section here, and welcome all the new members. We can compete to see who gets there first.

Welcome to you both,

Along with 15 posts, you must provide proof of actually being in the trade when you apply for pro membership and I do know that the membership committee reads your posts to see the content to see if you sound like you are in the trade.

Hope this helps, good luck to you both and I look forward to seeing you both around in the forums.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Welcome I am AC-GIRL and the way I got my post up was just by saying HI.
    I hope you have as much fun as I have on the here.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Welcome to you both,

Along with 15 posts, you must provide proof of actually being in the trade when you apply for pro membership and I do know that the membership committee reads your posts to see the content to see if you sound like you are in the trade.

Hope this helps, good luck to you both and I look forward to seeing you both around in the forums.
    Hey Tech23,
    Ya, the proof is the easy part. The 15 posts (which I now know can't be "joy" posts, bummer) are the hard part, especially with limited experience. I don't have the ability to say: oh, you're working on a Lennox XP13-042-230? Make sure you charge it using the approach method, per the manufacturer! (Would be really cool to be able to do that, though.) And I don't want to give bad advice, or sound like an idiot. I think the posts are the hardest part. But thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzler View Post
    Hey Tech23,
    Ya, the proof is the easy part. The 15 posts (which I now know can't be "joy" posts, bummer) are the hard part, especially with limited experience. I don't have the ability to say: oh, you're working on a Lennox XP13-042-230? Make sure you charge it using the approach method, per the manufacturer! (Would be really cool to be able to do that, though.) And I don't want to give bad advice, or sound like an idiot. I think the posts are the hardest part. But thanks for the encouragement!
    It's cool, and the membership committee has been doing this awhile and understand experience levels like the rest of us. Just spend some time in the residential hvac area and the general discussion area and you'd be surprised when reading threads how many you can actually take part in, regardless your level of experience.

Take care,

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

i need some clarification:

is the new member forum the only one that new guest can access?

and all ya'll

Welcome
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    i need some clarification:

is the new member forum the only one that new guest can access?
    Well, let's see. To look at all the forum areas, I have been clicking on the HVAC-Talk logo on the top left of any web page. (Not the Contracting Business logo.) All the forums are grouped, and it looks like I can access all of them except the groups called Educational Forums and Professional Member Forums.

I clicked around a little bit, it seems like the Residential HVAC forum will be where I cut my teeth.

Welcome guys. You can access everything and anything except for the education forum and the pro forum's. Nonsense post's will not count as your post count. Post's and participating in the residential, commercial, or any other place that may interest you will count towards your post count.

If you need some directions or help just ask!

Welcome!

Thanks, Lusker!

I just figure I'll post when I can. This forum seems great. But for me there are an endless amount of places to pick up information besides HVAC-Talk. I can always go back to my book, notes, keep up with current events about the industry. Learn more about specific systems. I figure the more I know the better my post will sound and the more knowledge I'll gain while trying to get my 15 posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast