Thread: gas log problem

gas log problem

I recently installed vented gas logs in my wood burning fireplace that already had a natural gas supply with a one-quarter turn key valve for a log starter. I am very disappointed with the flame provided by the gas logs and wonder if the valve may reduce the flow of gas to the logs. I had the pressure checked and was told it is normal (7.5 in.).

Welcome to the site,

Hopefully one of the mods will move this to the fireplace section, so more people dealing with fireplaces will see it and be able to offer some advice.

Good luck,

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

I just installed one of those with the exact setup for a friend. What I found was there was a fitting right where the gas line came into the fireplace that looked like a coupling, but in actuality it had a pin-hole sized orifice that restricted gas volume to the old ignitor. If you did not remove that fitting it may be the cause of the restricted flow.