Thread: SEO-70 EXV

SEO-70 EXV

From what I can find out there are no more SEO-70 to be had, Correct??
    What is the replacement plan and does anyone have a cutsheet on the retrofit? How tough a change over is it to the new valve?

Thanks PJ
    If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail ("Coach Dave")
    Hello I must be going. I cannot stay, I came to say , I must be going.(Jeffery T. Spauldlng)

SEO-70 EXV's

If any valves are avail. it would only be through Sporlan the valve manufacturer. If this is with a Trane chiller then brace yourself as well as your customer. Trane no longer uses this valve and has a complete retrofit program replacement. All the valves whether good or bad have to be replaced, as well as the control board. No parts are interchangeable with the existing control scheme.=GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

I ran into the same problem with mcquay.... no real replacement talked to sporlan they wanted to install a new valve with a superheat controller.... it's a redundent system, we have not gone any further yet!

C-jac-486

If it is the same valve and stepper motor it would work, but I don't believe it is as it would cause contractual disputes between the OEMs (Trane, McQuay) and Sporlan.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO