Thread: Newbie

Just moved in this house the end of October 2010 and I'm interested in learning more about my Amana High Efficiency 90, Model # GUCO90X35B. MFG#: P120870FY

I was out of town for 2 weeks and just returned home last night and was greeted by a nice cold breeze flowing through my registers. I dialed the thermostat down to 62F before I left and everything had been working flawlessly since I moved in. Temp on thermosat last night read 51F and the blower WAS running.

I will call a professional HVAC person within the hour when it's 8AM here.

I read the owner's operating manual and followed all the steps to see if I could get the pilot re lit but to no avail. I thought perhaps there was a reset button on the rollout switch I could push (past experience in my old house taught me this but I know this is a different model).

Anyway I'm hoping the HVAC pro will available early and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

THX

PS No smell of gas and the water heater is working properly so I know I have a gas supply coming in to the house.

Welcome to the site!

That model runs the fan when it can't prove that flame occured.

Let us know how it turns out. Unfortunately we can't give DIY advise here, we can help you in selecting a contractor if you have problems with your current one.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome to the site!

That model runs the fan when it can't prove that flame occured.

Let us know how it turns out. Unfortunately we can't give DIY advise here, we can help you in selecting a contractor if you have problems with your current one.
    OK THX.

Understood re no DIYadvice.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Welcome to the site,

If you haven't already, you might check the air filter as it can cause the furnace to lock out and run just the blower if the filter gets too dirty and causes the furnace to over heat.

Good luck,

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Welcome to the site,

If you haven't already, you might check the air filter as it can cause the furnace to lock out and run just the blower if the filter gets too dirty and causes the furnace to over heat.

Good luck,
    FIXED!

Replaced "hot surface igniter".

Nice guy. Very professional. Small independent.

I replaced the filter as well. Old one wasn't too bad. I think that one was in since mid Nov.

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Your hvac related questions are welcome here anytime!!

Quote Originally Posted by schiri View Post
    FIXED!

Replaced "hot surface igniter".

Nice guy. Very professional. Small independent.

I replaced the filter as well. Old one wasn't too bad. I think that one was in since mid Nov.

That's great...glad to hear.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!