Thread: compressor question

Post Likes
    Last summer I had to have the compressor on my Trane XE1200 replaced. After the replacement the unit ran louder than before....you could barely hear it running before. Now there is more compressor noise. I was told that those compressors had a rubber bushing that went on both sides of the cleat where the compressor bolts to the unit. How valid is this statement? They did replace the blanket over the compressor. This buzz or humm is annoying

Post Likes
    Trane does not send he rubber feet with the new compressor, you have to use the old ones. Are they on it?

You may have a charge issue. Call them back out to check it out.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes
    There is no way for us to diagnose that over the internet really.

The new compressor should be no louder than the old one was when it was working properly though...

Why did your old compressor fail, and what kind of failure was it?
    That unit uses about as reliable of a compressor as there is, maybe whatever caused the old one to fail hasn't been adressed and is the cause of the noise.

[Edited by mark beiser on 03-28-2005 at 11:01 PM]

Post Likes
    Yeah I agree, it sounds like whatever killed the old compressor is working hard on the new one.

Did they repair anything else when they changed the compressor or just the compressor?

Maybe if its just a buzz or hum it is the contactor?

Post Likes
    Check if they replaced the sound blanket.

Post Likes
    I spoke with the gen mgr today and he agrees that there is a problem with the rezonating and feels like the rubber bushings in feet of the compressor may have not been replaced. He said he or a service tech would be out to check it this week

Post Likes
    sometimes the tech over tightens the nuts holding down the compressor causing the noise you describe.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in