Here to learn, hope I can contribute

I've been on this site for a few months now and it has been great to be a part of this community. I have a "green" consulting company and I am primarily responsible for doing the energy models for LEED and EPAct. I joined this site to get a better understanding of HVAC systems. My background is in architecture but I want/need a strong foundation of HVAC knowledge. I plan on taking some of the EPA tests next month. Like I said earlier, glad to be on the site and I am always willing to talk.

Welcome lkanago,

Glad to have you with us and this is a great place to get the knowledge you are seeking. Good luck with your consulting company.

Take care and enjoy the forums.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

welcome aboard

Me too, I can't wait to get to the pro forums, where I can both learn from others, and share what knowledge I already have (if needed by someone)

Quote Originally Posted by lkanago View Post
    I've been on this site for a few months now and it has been great to be a part of this community. I have a "green" consulting company and I am primarily responsible for doing the energy models for LEED and EPAct. I joined this site to get a better understanding of HVAC systems. My background is in architecture but I want/need a strong foundation of HVAC knowledge. I plan on taking some of the EPA tests next month. Like I said earlier, glad to be on the site and I am always willing to talk.
    I'm impressed at your efforts. Many of the energy auditors I have interacted with don't know very much about HVAC, except to say, "Seal the ducts!"

Not sure if there is some other kind of EPA test, but when you mentioned it, my first association is for the Section 608 to handle refrigerants. And my first question is Why? You won't need it unless you are actually handling refrigerant, and even those of us who have to have it think it's kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn Tigers View Post
    Me too, I can't wait to get to the pro forums, where I can both learn from others, and share what knowledge I already have (if needed by someone)

Be sure to visit the Pro application and see that "joy" posts are not counted.

Join in with some of the conversations about the industry to be sure you qualify.

Ok, thanks for the heads up on that...