Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by docholiday
    Its a comfort thing, not an efficiency thing. It will be more comfortable but it wont reduce your power bill, and it will increase your runtimes during non-peak loads to better dehumidify. There is no magic, just a matter of what is the priority for you. I believe that with a lower humidity, you can run the temperature higher. If you like 74 and humid you will much better like 76 and dry.
    I am going to try it, in my install manual it says to put 5 to "off" and 6 to "on".

Is this correct?

Also

y1 to y
    y2 to ODD

Doc, could I adjust switch 2&3 to the C config.(-10%)and is this for cooling only?

[Edited by Timber on 03-30-2005 at 03:22 PM]

You could yes but then you have no control, its always 10% less regardless of load. Heck you could make it always 15% less but then again...why? What happens if you need the sensible capacity? The 10% or 15% or ODD are ignored during heat mode. Make sure you connect B to board so AHU knows when unit is in Heat mode. You dont want to monkey with airflow in heat mode.

Y1-Y
    Y2-ODD

Switch 5 to off, switch 6 to on to enable ODD.

Doc,

Thanks, will hook up this evening.

Originally posted by jmas65
    Doc,
    Do you use a humidity sensing stat, like a thermidistat, or what do you recommend? I have my spring clean and check coming up and want to run this by him...
    Thanks.
    JM
    Either way is fine.
    Your options are:

-2 stage thermostat,
    -Standard stat with humidistat located next to stat or part of stat if you have one.
    -Installing the humidistat on the return duct (if you dont have enough wires up to stat).

Hey Doc,

I also installed the hi effiency A-coil in the UBHK and in the heating mode(heat pump) when the comp shuts off I get a knocking noise at the indoor TXV/check valve.

I think in a earlier post you recommended re-positioning the txv to a horizontal position. I looked at mine and this does not look possible.

It is a Ruud indoor coil.

Only thing I can think of is to mount a new TXV/check external of the indoor unit.

I think you misunderstood.

The TXV should be installed with the power head up. (upright)

Outside of that you may have some non-condensibles in the system.

Originally posted by docholiday
    I think you misunderstood.

The TXV should be installed with the power head up. (upright)

Outside of that you may have some non-condensibles in the system.
    Yes, that is what I meant by horizontal. The powerhead would be up.

But with the Ruud hi eff. A-coil it does not look feasible to easily do this in the cabinet. Can it be done?

Not in the RBHK,

I assume you are talking about the RCQC coil, no, there is an air handler for this application. You are looking for the RBHL, RBHM, RBHN (R22 16 SEER, R410A 16 SEER, R410A 18 SEER respectively)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12