Thread: leak detectors

over the years i have had, used and lost too many to count. i liked the GE hp 10, i think it was, ran off 120, had a cord. i currently have 3 tif's, so you know why i am looking to buy a new one for the upcoming year!

last guy i worked for had a d tek, think it was 150 or so from cc dickson when i priced it last year. i was impressed with it, had a fan to circulate the vapor through it, most just sit there and beep

when i worked at UGA, we had refrigerant monitors in all mechanical rooms for the chillers. i have worked on them, and understand how they operate.

what is a good one under 200 bucks? boss is buying 2 for the vans and want 2 good cheap ones

as has been said, good, cheap or fast. you only get 2! i can wait if i have too!!

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

Inficon D-Tek is a damn good leak detector.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

khunter,

thanks, i think that is the one i used previously

BTW, i cleaned out my pond 2 weeks ago, one fish went up into the rocks where they like to hide, unfortunately was above the water line i was draining to... told wife i was "going in to get him, no mater how many trips it took to get him out" !!

she turned the water supply back on, i though it was funny. she did not. got that line from you, thanks!!

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

lol
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Originally posted by karsthuntr
    Inficon D-Tek is a damn good leak detector.
    I've had mine for two years. It's great! It works so well I plan on using infinicon to replace my existing tools when they wear out. I'm currently preparing to purchase the infinicon shark vac pump as well. Can't go wrong with it.