Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The flanges on those air handlers?

I hear different views,anyone have the correct length of duct that should be the same size as the flanges?

Thanks

You trying to perpetuate rumors also?

You're a Carrier man, read thier instructions too. Do I need to go over this static regain garbage again? Maybe I'll start a post discussing this in its entirity but it will just crop up again so it seems moot.

No, the air handler we are talking about has flanges that are folded down for shipping unlike the Carrier which are up from the factory. They are to be folded up when the unit is installed. Many times, if the plenum is installed over the whole top, which I dont have a problem with, the flaps are often forgotten is my point.

In this case, I am merely suggesting the airflow be verified. If it is found to be low, then fix the problem if it is not low, then apparenly the duct system is satisfactory.

[Edited by docholiday on 03-29-2005 at 10:24 AM]

dash, the I/O manual suggests 3' from the blower outlet, but if that isn't possible says "even 6, 12 or 18" will help". It says not doing that way and hooking plenum to outside dimensions of the air handler means "as much as .1" static pressure will be lost."

A product manager told me 5+ years ago that line of AHs were gonna be history soon. I guess 5+ years ain't soon enuf in his view

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Thanks Baldie.

One more question,I saw an older model Rheem ,that had "perfs" for tabs that could be bent up,not only around the blower discharge,but the outer edge of the cabinet top, as well.Can't imagine,why they were "perfed"on the edge of the cabinet top??

I've asked our techs ,and no one ever sees the duct the size of the blower discharge,and we they find the Tabs left down the majority of the time.

They know the airflow is low,but the static is also low ,as the blower has less static capability with the tabs down,and large duct.Low ESP,normally indicates good air flow,but this tab and duct size thing,changes things.I think we need to discuss this more with the techs and do a little testing.

[Edited by dash on 03-29-2005 at 10:49 AM]

Originally posted by BaldLoonie

A product manager told me 5+ years ago that line of AHs were gonna be history soon. I guess 5+ years ain't soon enuf in his view

They were, replaced with the BHC.

See my static regain post.

Expansion valve

Thanks Doc, for your help. I have ordered a RXCPRXCT-CHL. This the part that my distributor said was for the 4 Ton WK unit that I have been dealing with. Does this look correct to you? I ask because you seem to know more about this equipment than they do. They said they would have it in for me in 4 WEEKS!?!

[Edited by jah on 03-30-2005 at 03:32 PM]

Since we never really didn't establish the model number, I will say for a 10 SEER, 4 ton, yes its an RXCT-CHL

Model #

Sorry, I never did post that model #. It is 10PJA4901.
    Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12