Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does anyone know anywhere online that I can purchase anti-fungal (chlorine?) tablets to put in my primary pan? Also, what would be a good chemical to use to clean my evaporative coil? (none of the company's around here do that).

I have heard bicthin about useing chlorine,but I dont see the harm if done in moderation.Old school methods are often the best.

as for tablets... try a swimming pool supply.I know they have them but Ive never used it for this purpose.

Clorine and aluminum dont mix well.I make sure it is washed off good.Just dont let a strong bleach solution sit on the coil very long,and you will be okay.

i would strongly recomend not putting chemicals in or on your ac coil. some give off strong odors and and chemical fumes to. chorine when it gets wet gives off strong fumes
    and can eat you coil and tray. to spry chemicalz on the coil just because you want to isnt good. there certain cleaners that are used for inside coils and can only be purchased at a supply house. if you feel it in truely needed have you contractor give you a price to do it for you

Confused

You say not to use chemicals...but then you say to have a contractor use chemicals. Which is it? As I said, they do not do that work in my area. What kind of chemicals are you talking about?

there are certain cleaners you can put on your coil and rinse off the clean the fins and tray as they are rinsed of
    you can get then at a supply house for hvac products
    these are safe and designed for use on evap coils and will not give of ofensive or dangerous odors and will not eat the coil if used properly
    chlorine can be very unsafe to use, i once got water in a bucket with 1 tablet in it the next morning i want to use the last tablet in my pool picked up the bucket and burnt my eyes from the reaction, so get the proper cleaner to clean your coil with not just any chemical you can find

What kind of chemical? Name?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by Triton46
    You say not to use chemicals...but then you say to have a contractor use chemicals. Which is it? As I said, they do not do that work in my area. What kind of chemicals are you talking about?
    Where do you live,that no one cleans coils?/

There are many different brands check with a supplier or your contractor,they may sell what they carry,too many brands ,all may not be available in your area.

Or use "simple green" and rinse throughly.

They only clean the outside coil.

They only clean the outside coil.

Never heard of a company that doesn't clean indoor coils,for a price,very strange.

I'll have to check with some other companies, but none list it with their seasonal cleaning/check.

I'll have to check with some other companies, but none list it with their seasonal cleaning/check.
    That sounds more like what we see.Be sure to ask what they charge to clean the indoor coil,before signing up for a seasonal clean and check,some do the seasonal a a low price and want a lot extra to clean the indoor coil.

We clean it,in place ,if accessable ,if not accessable or it needs to be pulled out to clean,it costs extra.

After it's clean,look into a better filter to keep it clean.

In my experience, I have talked to three companies and been quoted $60 to $100 for the seasonal cleaning and none of them cleaned the condenser coil.

To me, if it's over $100 then it's not worth it...I'll do it myself.

In my experience, I have talked to three companies and been quoted $60 to $100 for the seasonal cleaning and none of them cleaned the condenser coil.

To me, if it's over $100 then it's not worth it...I'll do it myself.
    I thought we were talking about evaporator coil.I will assume that was a typo.If you have black gunk and mold or dirty sock smell,then bleach and water at 10/1 mix will help.(Pool tabs left in the pan is a bad idea,though.)You can go to a supplier to get an indoor coil cleaner.A foam to spray on and rinse,or one to spray on and forget...It will get the dirt.If it is REALLY bad,then it is best to take it outside and clean it.This can sometimes be avoided though,with the coil cleaners ,if you can reach inside...

Do you have black gunk,or just dirt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast