Hey all,

So I've been doing a lot of comparing between similar systems of different brands. I focus mostly on all the efficiencies but also a bit on what functions the controls have and warranties. I'm not looking to get a system, I'm just trying to learn about all the different brands. Price is of course a big factor for a lot of people, some of which learn the hard way that the lowest number is not always the best option

All the above kind of info I can research online but a friend made a good point, saying that working on some brands is a pain because of how they are put together. Needing to undo dozens of screws and take out many components to get to certain parts. He also said the alignment of the parts can get messed up after putting everything back, making the system run noisy. He was talking about one brand only but I suppose every brand can have it's quirks.

The question I'd like to ask is this:

What difficulties or pleasant surprises have you come across when working on some of these brands? Mitsubishi, Daikin, Sanyo, Fujitsu, York...

They are most of the brands I see around my area. This question is mostly residential but info on the big commercials systems would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!