Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question adding BACnet points to Automated Logic

I am trying to pull bacnet points from some Automated Logic devices. Only half of them were pre-programmed with the BACnet status tags. I have files that look they would be program files (.equipment) If I try to open them, I get an error that says "LogicBuilder cannot open InterOp equipment files."

1. Is this the correct file?
    2. What program is used to edit the logic programs?

Thanks in advance!

Eikon (previous gen ALC programming software) was used to program those controllers and then they were probably upgraded to WebCTRL via the InterOp conversion wizard. You will probably need Eikon and InterOp Conversion Wizard to edit and download those programs.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Is the .equipment files the correct file?
    I have Eikon but it is looking for a .eiw file...?
    Is my version too new?

Search for a folder with .eiw files, IIRC these are the original Eikon files. I don't remember the old folder structure but it might be under a folder called Supervision or InterOp. You should be able to edit these with Eikon, then (if installed) use the InterOp Conversion Wizard. I have only done this once in the distant past I don't remember exactly how it was done. I'll see if I have any notes.

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

If it was converted with InterOp, you'll need Eikon for SuperVision.

In the webroot/<databasename>/programs folder I belive you'll find the .equipment files, but if you unzip them it will be .xml and .png files. There should be a folder called m68 folder in your webroot. Inside there you'll find the .fb files...they will have the same naming convention as the .eiw or .equipment files in your program folder.

You'll then need the fbpack (should be on same disk as your Eikon for SVW/SupeVision disk) utility to unpack the .fb files to .eik (I believe) to modify via Eikon for SuperVision. After you make any changes, save the .eik, pack into .fb, convert the .fb with InterOp Conversion Utility to get the .equipment file.

This may be the old school way of doing things...I think they updated the InterOp Utility so that there isn't so many steps.

Quote Originally Posted by control_8 View Post
    If it was converted with InterOp, you'll need Eikon for SuperVision.

In the webroot/<databasename>/programs folder I belive you'll find the .equipment files, but if you unzip them it will be .xml and .png files. There should be a folder called m68 folder in your webroot. Inside there you'll find the .fb files...they will have the same naming convention as the .eiw or .equipment files in your program folder.

You'll then need the fbpack (should be on same disk as your Eikon for SVW/SupeVision disk) utility to unpack the .fb files to .eik (I believe) to modify via Eikon for SuperVision. After you make any changes, save the .eik, pack into .fb, convert the .fb with InterOp Conversion Utility to get the .equipment file.

This may be the old school way of doing things...I think they updated the InterOp Utility so that there isn't so many steps.

You are correct. As far as I know they haven't made it any easier. There is also another final step. You have to bring it into Sitebuilder when you do the interop conversion. (see attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

I have the CD's for 2.0, 2.5, and 4.0 and I can't find a program called fbpack is it hidden down deep in there somewhere?

I checked a different bldg (version 1.9) and found that the .eiw files were inside one of the folders (either M68 or Programs I dont remember) and these were directly editable with Eikon. The building in question has no .eiw files in its data base. I found a folder "Supervision Database/Cos/M68" that has .fb and .eik files. I cant seem to find the Supervision application to open these files with. What version would have this software?

Quote Originally Posted by Slack View Post
    I have the CD's for 2.0, 2.5, and 4.0 and I can't find a program called fbpack is it hidden down deep in there somewhere?

I checked a different bldg (version 1.9) and found that the .eiw files were inside one of the folders (either M68 or Programs I dont remember) and these were directly editable with Eikon. The building in question has no .eiw files in its data base. I found a folder "Supervision Database/Cos/M68" that has .fb and .eik files. I cant seem to find the Supervision application to open these files with. What version would have this software?
    You need Supervision 2.6 or Supervision InterOp install CD. When you install the tools which do not require a license you will see Eikon. Install Eikon. FBPack is part of Eikon.

The only software I have is WEBctrl and the Eikon that comes with that. Is it fair to say that I am dead in the water?

Unless someone has the Interop Eikon tools cd and is willing to share, you are dead in the water. If I remember correctly the tools were not a licensed product and could be distributed freely. Anyone out there know any different?

Slack,

Send me an email (address in my profile). I might be able to help you out.

kontrol out

One of us with eikon could extract the eiw for you and send it back no problem. Otherwise I am not sure what the legality is for posting eikon or parts of it, the thing is cast off from alc and not supported at all from what I gather. Least for us it isn't.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

I have the fbpack tool but I am having trouble unpacking and locating the .eik out of the .fb file. can anyone help me with this step?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast