Trane pkg hp control wiring.

Can(would) one of you commercial guys help me understand the control wiring on a commercial pkg hp? Got a trane tch061c00ba, unit only runs on strip heat, and only when it pleases. Looked at the termal strips (marked Test-1 and Test-2) , had no voltage to common on any of the wires, I removed the white wire and when I put it back on there was a delay and the fan relay pulled in, then the strip heat contactor, but I still had no 24v to common on any t-stat wire including the white. On a resi system I'd simply jumper red to white and expect strip heat, red to y and comp, r to g fan. What's different about this thing?

what type of control? are u using the trane number points or the conventional points? what type of t-stat or zone sensor?

Number points? Greek to me. I'll have to take a look at the t-stat(contoler) and see. Where can I download some info on this thing? I would like to read up on it. I'm guessing there's more to it than just making continuity between r and y,w,g,b/o,etc. Thanks

If this is a new system and you are using a regular conventional thermostat you need to order a interface board from Trane which will convert from their number terminals to your R,G,W,Y,C ect.

If the unit has ReliaTel controls it already has conventional points(r,y,w,g). it also has the trane numbered points to use with the trane zone sensors.

Also if I might throw in that you should be able to use to
    the Test 1 - Test 2 terminals to step through each cycle ( fan, heat, econ, cooling ) to make sure the board is contriling the unit properly. I find it helps in diagnosing the system rather quickly.

you've got mail
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

those units can be wired using space sensor or traditional t stat. you need to know which ones you have have before you can actually wire it. as the others have indicated, the test terminals can be used to test the internals components of the unit and step it through various cycles. they are not where you wire the stat. download the link given and do some reading.

need 15 post

Thanks for the links. This will give me more to study than I can handle. Maybe I'll stick w/residential, the technoligy there is more than I can keep up with.