Thread: Tool Bag

Post Likes
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good tool bag?
    Is there a favorite type amongst the ol'e timers?
    I have tried several and cannot seem to get 1 that is comfortable and can carry everything I need.
    This might seem like a stupid question but I was just wondering if there is one favorite out there.
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    i don't think you can do any better than these.
    http://www.kleintools.com/canvasbags/
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Some of the guys I used to work with used a bag that was square and had side & inside pockets as well as a plastic parts box in a bottom pocket. I believe they are available at Home Depot or you might try Johnstone first. I carried a pouch on my hip most of my career (that was before bags were available)

Post Likes
    Most of our guys like a squarish canves bag (shipwright bag?) with the pockets on the outside and a big till on the inside. open top, though, no protection from rain.
    I tried one because the chest I made was getting heavy with all those tools. But it got full before I got through emptying the old box.
    So now I have two steel boxes. Apparently most of the people I work with don't understand that you can't jump on a steel tool box. Nuff said on that.

Do a search, ther's an older thread on this subject.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes

masonry sully

They have nice canvas bags that are very thick, durable canvas and in several sizes. I find them most handy. One bag full of soldering stuff, one for sheetmetal, etc. No zippers to break.
    hth,

Post Likes
    I have a sears tool bag that most of my hand tools are in, it's not really one of them bags that you throw stuff in. It has a divider in the middle and 2 sections on each side. Plus smaller pouches for nut divers, screwdrivers and what ever.
    Can't find the pic on thier site...

Also have a Millwalkee bag I use for my power tools and the few of the other large hand tools (duct stretcher, drive turner etc).

Also have 20" plastic box for my soldering, one of them canvas open top style bags for the misc tools... and a few others too.

I prefer the sears one over them all so far though

Post Likes
    I got a Ridgid Job Max tool bag in December, love it so far. Time will tell on durability.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Tool-Carry-All/index.htm

My last bag was a Fluke 550 tool bag that I used for 5 years.

Post Likes
    I have a snap on "electrokit" I believe its called. Its like a large briefcase. It has a liner for all your hand tools. Works great. One look and I know if a driver, wrench or other tool is missing (so nothing is left behind). If its raining you just close the lid. No digging to the bottom of a bag for something. It also looks somewhat professional which never hurts.

Post Likes
    Does no one use a tool pouch anymore ???

Post Likes
    Thats all I carry is the ol' tool pouch,
    Throw it over my shoulder and go,rechargeable maglight in the back pocket, meter in hand.
    I don't spend alot of time running to the truck for anything.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    No place to put all the meters and test instruments I use in a tool pouch.

I used to use a tool pouch + a meter bag. One day the belt slots in the tool pouch broke, so I put it in my meter bag. I wanted another pouch just like it, but was having a hard time finding one. After a few weeks of not finding an exact replacement, I was noticing that my back was not hurting after long work days anymore. I stopped looking for a new tool pouch and have been a tool bag person ever since.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mark beiser
    [B]I got a Ridgid Job Max tool bag in December, love it so far. Time will tell on durability.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Tool-Carry-All/index.htm

I just bought one. I'll have to get another to balance the load.

Post Likes

Two bags and tool sets work great. Use one to drag under buildings and a clean one to carry into a customer's house. If you have ever arrived at your next call and discovered that you left your tools at the last place, you see another good reason to double some tools. With two sets of gauges you can go do another job while you are pulling a longer vacummn.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in