Thread: Johnson Metasys

Johnson just won a contract for 3 new schools in my district. Currently we have an extensive Siemens platform.
    Anybody know where I can get some good information on the Johnson Metasys line? Any advice? Front end, controllers, etc.
    Mike

That's pretty much proprietary, last I heard.

Johnson has training available, but you may have to pay for it.
    I went to Metasys school as part of their contract with my employer.

Originally posted by bwal2

The Net is a wonderful thing...

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/

Short of digging through a bunch of documentation looking for your answers, here's where they are probably going with this:
    Their NAE (Network Application Engine) is slowly maturing into a fairly LON-savvy product (although sysint will probably have the best opinion of this), so they might be thinking that they can "take over" the existing Siemens LON systems (once JCI is established in your school district) by laying an NAE over the existing unitary controllers.
    What they will put into the new schools is anyone's guess. They might put in their proprietary N2 line of Metasys controllers (UNT's, VMA's, etc...) that have an excellent history of proven reliability. Or... they might put in their LON line (which is relabeled Distech controls, so see distech.com for information on what they're really about).
    In short, you're going to end up with controls that work well, and then it's a roll of the dice as to whether the branch is customer-savvy enough on the service side to keep you happy.

Amusingly, in some areas Johnson is desperate enough for work that they will actually bid to supply and install competitor's product lines, just to get the contract and keep their people busy. We've seen Johnson bid on Honeywell projects, with every intention of putting in Honeywell product! So, you never know, you may see more Siemens product, simply installed by Johnson.

Originally posted by control_noob
    Originally posted by bwal2

The Net is a wonderful thing...

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/
    I stand corrected.

Of course, I forgot everything I learned, as soon as I quit using it.

First you need to figure out the type of systems they have in the district and then you can come up with a plan for training. JCI offers training all over the country on their products, I've been to about 15 classes since 94' it's the best training in the industry. Any questions, drop me an e-mail.
    Chris