No matter what your beliefs or lack thereof, most of us will be having a little extra time from work this weekend. Being unemployed, I cannot really relate

Why not use the time in a positive manner? For those who follow traditional Christian dogma about Easter I also suggest to do a little research for yourself. After listening to the guy/gal on the pulpit tell you what the bible says, go home and read about this event for yourself.

I used to do the bunny baskets and dyed egg hunts with my boys and it was good use of the time even if it did have pagan overtones. Family time is good and I believe Jesus would approve of it.

Of course, we need to be aware that pagan rituals that infect the Christian faith must be kept at bay. Mostly this is a matter of keeping in mind who it is we are revering and not get caught up in dogmatic standards.

"Jesus died for our sins" is all Christians need to dwell on this time of year. While donning new Spring clothing and visiting relatives and feeding our children too much chocolate while they hunt down colored eggs, keep in mind that Jesus has made it possible for us to live with the promise of eternal spiritual life.

A very good book of fiction that deals with this time of year is Paul Maier's "A Skeleton in God's Closet". I read this book twice over the past few decades and am about to read it again because Dr. Maier has written a sequel I will be reading.

This is a fictitious story that in the vein of Indiana Jones. It deals with an alleged discovery of the bones of Jesus Christ. Of course, if Jesus the Christs bones were ever to be found it would negate that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. This of course would tear apart the Christian faith.

Paul Maier is a Dr. of theology who has written many non-fiction books of theology. His few fiction novels are always based on factual findings from archaeology and the study of the history of the biblical periods.

Anyway, have a good weekend and think about thinking about the Lord. It's all He wants from us.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

since you are unemployed, care to consider buying a company as a partner, I know of one.

Originally posted by acmanko
    since you are unemployed, care to consider buying a company as a partner, I know of one.
    Been there, done that. Not where I'm looking to go for the last 15 years of my career. Got an interview next week for a sales position that looks promising, can't say any more about it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV