Thread: fridgidaire unit

Post Likes
    Had a call today the HO has a Fridgidaire model b2bm048k-c.
    I got him fixed up but got curious about the unit tonight and looked for info on the web but couldnt find anything. I'm a small guy in a rural area and havent been doing this work long. The HO is not the origional owner so didnt have any paper work. Has anyone got an opion about these units? Who makes em? I dont post much just read.

Post Likes
    B= indoor air handler
    2 design series
    B motor speed
    M (Configuration)Multipoise
    048 size.... 4 ton
    K electrical code 208-230
    B Cabinet size.... 19 3/4 width

Frigidaire is made by Nordyne
    yea they work ok..... depends on year but should have 8 year warranty on parts, Seem to be quiet in attic but outside units could be a lot quieter in my opinion.

Post Likes

Wink

Good stuff,outdoor units with the recip compressors are a bit noisy always have been.But as a whole its been a very trouble free line.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info. This is a good site for people like me that want to work on our own. I do service work almost exclusively. When I run into a change out or something too big for me I have a buddy that has a good company and I give him the referal. He gives me support and help when I need it and I give him business. I teach at a Vo-Tech school (electrical wiring) and do this after hours ect. This works well for both of us because we keep the customer first all the time. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    If you have access to Philco, Gibson,or Westinghouse (I believe), the part nrs are the same as Frigidaires. All made by Nordyne.

Post Likes
    Would you recommend a Frigidaire outdoor unit? How would the condenser noise level compare with others, say on a scale of 1-10, ten being worst?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Last time I checked,their air handlers ,had low Static capabilites,10 SEER matchup,others likely better.Just a caution,if you see signs of low air flow.

Ours was a 3.5 ton(likely their worst),with a .55 ESP and 913 cfms.

Post Likes
    Dash, thanks, not using their air handlers, just considering their outdoor units.

Post Likes
    dash, i am looking at fan chart and it shows med. speed at .5 to have 980 cfm,....all airflows are measured without filter and dry coil....for filters with velocity of 300 ft./min. subtract .08 ESP,for wet coil,subtract.1 ESP.....this is for the 3 1/2 ton air handler.

Post Likes
    you are right though they are a little low.....being up north here we don't do that many and i don't think i have any over 3 ton.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by mo-flo
    dash, i am looking at fan chart and it shows med. speed at .5 to have 980 cfm,....all airflows are measured without filter and dry coil....for filters with velocity of 300 ft./min. subtract .08 ESP,for wet coil,subtract.1 ESP.....this is for the 3 1/2 ton air handler.
    Kinda low ,huh?
    That's sounds like about what we found.When our guys told me the ESP and and the cfms measured by a flowhood,I said they must have made a mistake,then they got the fan chart off the net and it was "off" the chart.

Ours was on high speed fan,but when you deduct for the coil and filter ,it puts it off their chart.

The thing to remember is,all brands and models are Not the same.With another brand you may get a lot more cfm,and always read the footnotes!
    If you take out a brand that can deliver more air at a higher static,and install that one,you're likely to have a problem.

[Edited by dash on 03-29-2005 at 06:05 PM]

Post Likes
    Larry,

Post Likes
    that did it for them.....i punched in my zip and it gave another guy as dealer....wait till tomorrow,me and my distributor are going to have a talk.

Post Likes
    mo-flo, I see from your profile you are in Southern Illinois. I am also in Illinois. Just wondering where abouts you were and if you got your units from Mechanical Supply in Springfield, Illinois?

Post Likes
    no,i've been getting my stuff from a guy in indiana about 50 miles away....no wander my back has been hurting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in