Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Rotobrush Duct Cleaning Machine

This is warning to all of my fellow HVAC Contractors! The Rotobrush duct cleaning machine is a RIP-OFF! The cost of this product is outrageous compared to the return on investment. The cost range from $XXXX-$XXXXX. The machine is a plastic box with a motor & circuit board in it. It breaks pretty easily and the suction that it produces, SUCKS! I was a sucker that purchased it think that it would add income to my business or maybe help close on some installs but neither has occurred. Buyer beware!
    Last edited by Stamas; 02-17-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Pricing

ahhh..the rotoduster...biggest pos

Abatement Technologies has the best system IMO. Aire Sweep technology. Lose the roto brushes. They're lousy.

Thanks for the warning.

and how easily it clogs when subjected to heavy accumilations of dirt commonly found in old return panning...just a mod of a shop vac

Yea duct cleaning in general is a con unless it's very accessible metal duct.

Will not agree with you on that one.

Just my opinion, Flex duct is better to replace that clean, at which time you could clease coils and plenums.

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Just my opinion, Flex duct is better to replace that clean, at which time you could clease coils and plenums.
    According to the NADCA (National AIr Duct Cleaners Assoc) If any part of the lining insulation on metal duct is breached, it shall be replaced.

My opinion.......don't clean lined duct. Ever.

Thank you thank you very much

Thanks for the warning I was looking a picking up a used one. Not now.

I agree with the post about replacing flex duct, but I won't tell my customers no when they want it cleaned. I try to educate them but all the dollars always scare them.

Ive been using a rotobrush Air+ with fantastic results the video attachment is awesome and at the end of every job I use the video to show them its clean I have them randomly pick some returns and supplies and show them how clean it is. I fortunately haven't ran into any clogging issues. Biggest issue I have is it goes thru the pre filter bags rather quickly on really dirty ducts. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Yea duct cleaning in general is a con unless it's very accessible metal duct.
    i don't want to start an argument but i am a believer. i have done it before and the results have been good. i can't say it was good every time but mostly it was. some of the contractors however, can be con's. i know alot of members here think it's snake oil and we have had a few long threads about it. not all ductwork needs cleaning, and the contractor should be honest and tell the customer if it is not needed. what is it that makes you think it's a con? i don't know what kind of machine it was we used, but it had an air hose that would reach all the registers and ductwork, and a big vacume that was on wheels. i was impressed by how well it worked, but maybe i just didn't know the differance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast