Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can an X13 blower motor from GME8 be installed in a GMH95?

Hi Gents,

Just one more dumb question before I eat the cost of swapping out the 70k GMVC95 for my 90k GMH95.

The idea is spend a few hundred dollars to get into acceptable range instead of several thousand to trade out.

Thanks again.

shovel99

Save a few hundred now or spend a few thousand not too far from now. Or throwing good money after bad. Or you get what you pay for.Or A fool and his money will soon part.

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Save a few hundred now (like a couple grand?) or spend a few thousand not too far from now (will replacing a motor with a better one cause the brand new system to fail prematurely?). Or throwing good money after bad. (Are you saying that you are not enamored with Goodman because the public knows what the equipment costs and hence doesn't hide stiff markups?) Or you (Rarely) get what you pay for (when dealing with a contractor).Or A fool and his money will soon(be) part(ed by a contractor).
    I was just asking a civil question.

Thanks.

Never a good idea to swap parts on any hvac system, but live and learn that's how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Never a good idea to swap parts on any hvac system, but live and learn that's how I do it.
    Thank you.

Paul

For retrofitting a PSC motor with ECM you should look at the Genteq Evergreen or Emerson Rescue EcoTech. These can wire directly to the PSC speed taps on most control boards. The X-13 is a basic ECM for manufacturers.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drewski11 View Post
    For retrofitting a PSC motor with ECM you should look at the Genteq Evergreen or Emerson Rescue EcoTech. These can wire directly to the PSC speed taps on most control boards. The X-13 is a basic ECM for manufacturers.
    Thanks Drewski, I will look into that.

Use the aftermarket Emerson Ecotech motor or a like model meant for use in a furnace with a standard blower.... The OEM versions will not honor warranty anyway used in equipment not factory standard.. The Emerson Ecotech is meant for your type of application....

Quote Originally Posted by deniset View Post
    Use the aftermarket Emerson Ecotech motor or a like model meant for use in a furnace with a standard blower.... The OEM versions will not honor warranty anyway used in equipment not factory standard.. The Emerson Ecotech is meant for your type of application....
    Thanks.

Woof! I just got off the phone with Genteq and am gasping for air after hearing a guess price for installing the motor. Almost half of what I can install a new Goodman Variable 2 stage for. I will exhaust some silencing moves, like flex duct isolation material, etc. before I spend that kind of cash.

shovel99

Putting an ECM motor in that furnace isn't going to help anything, but lighten your wallet.

That 90,000 BTU furnace will require a min amount of air in both low and high stage. So using a motor that might move less air would just harm the heat exchanger, and cause you no heat problems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I would thing ANYTHING being modified, other than adjustments, would VOID THE WARRANTY.....

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Putting an ECM motor in that furnace isn't going to help anything, but lighten your wallet.

That 90,000 BTU furnace will require a min amount of air in both low and high stage. So using a motor that might move less air would just harm the heat exchanger, and cause you no heat problems.
    Thanks BT for your thoughts. On top of lotsa$, voiding my warranty, and only 2 year warranty on its own, the Ecotech apparently was designed for a single stage only furnace. Major problem for my system. I might talk to them, about it, though. If it had hi and low heat taps, it otherwise appears to be able to do what I would need, and provide 30% savings on electric bill on demand only, or the real benefit... cheap cost for low volume constant circulation, the real goal for my hot spots. But.... no.

Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I would thing ANYTHING being modified, other than adjustments, would VOID THE WARRANTY.....

Thanks.

My assumption also, so whatever I do, if anything, has to be really well thought out, and worth it. Not looking that way.

Shovel/paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast