Thread: Tech from PA

Tech from PA

Hello everyone my name is Dave and I've been in the trade for 8 years now. Started primarily as an installer for the first 5(did some dabbling in service) but do to my electrical background I also was drawn to the service end of the business. Plus I got tired of spending 8 hours a day in attics. I'm the type of person who always desires to learn as much about a subject as I can and since switching to service I feel the need even more so I don't have that awkward moment with a customer when I draw a blank as to what there problem is. So what I'm trying to say is I'm proud to be a member of this very informative site and plan on learning a lot and maybe even helping a few others out along the way.

-Dave

Welcome Dave.

I'm 100% sure you will enjoy this site. There is tons of useful learning materials and information.

Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership. Be sure to read the forum rules.

Steve!

Welcome Dave,

Glad to have you join the site and hope you get your posts up to 15 so you can join us in the private pro section.

Attics SUCK....as far as not drawing a blank on service calls, well the more you do it, the more you learn, however you will always run into something new.

Been doing service 12 yrs and still draw a blank here and there...especially since we service all brands. The difference is after all these years I know how to dig in and figure it out...or who to call for help (including logging in here and going to the pro forum for help).

See ya around, take care.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Well thanks guys for a warm welcoming, and this site is already paying off. I'm in need of a new tool bag and came across the Veto picture thread......now my only decision is what size.

Yeah, everyone seems to like their Veto bag.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

I'll put my vote in for the LC bag.

I've had it for a few weeks now and I'll never go back to a standard tote.

What part of PA? There are a few moderators here that have a thing for cheese steaks, send us some, you will go far?

Oh yea, welcome to the best darn HVAC site on the planet.

I'm located in Allentown which is about 45 minutes from Philly (Geno's and or Pat's cheese steaks which ever you prefer) But here in Lehigh Valley we have some good competition only difference is we use a red sauce. As I become more familiar around here I'll see what I can do.
    Our main equipment supplier has the Veto LC for $99 or the XL for $117, I stopped to check them out and the XL just seemed a little too much bag for me. I plan on getting a LC for my service bag and keep my old Husky for more as an install pouch. Also want to upgrade to a digital Manometer. Day one here I'm already pulling out cc.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledstat View Post
    I'm located in Allentown which is about 45 minutes from Philly (Geno's and or Pat's cheese steaks which ever you prefer) But here in Lehigh Valley we have some good competition only difference is we use a red sauce. As I become more familiar around here I'll see what I can do.
    Our main equipment supplier has the Veto LC for $99 or the XL for $117, I stopped to check them out and the XL just seemed a little too much bag for me. I plan on getting a LC for my service bag and keep my old Husky for more as an install pouch. Also want to upgrade to a digital Manometer. Day one here I'm already pulling out cc.
    Good! When you meet us all in Pittsburgh, you are bringing the steaks, I prefer mine "wit" lol

Buy the XL, its perfect

Well I went with a LC that I picked up today along with a new digital capacitor checker, so much nicer then the old school whale caller one i had.