Hmm

Ive heard from a few people that these kind of filters are actually bad for your furnace. Im not talking about EAC's.. more along the line of the allergy gold(first name that came to mind). I was just wondering if any of you have heard of this and why they are susposed to be bad..

Too restrictive to air flow.
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

Really? Thats odd. I would have honestially never guesses. they look no more dense than some other reusable filters. I figured it had something to do with the static charges or what not.. well w/e thanks for the help

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    They are almost always too restrictive,if you insist on them,check,just feel the airflow difference,at your farthest supply grille,with one versus a standard filter.

Plus clean weekly.

COOL THANKS.. I APPRECIATE THE QUICK RESPONSE.. YOU PROBABLY JUST SAVED ME A FEW SERVICE CALLS.

They may have saved your equipment.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

So.....You guys dont like the electrostatic air filter? I dont really care for em myself but I would like to hear what you guys think of em. I have a customer now that wants some cleaner for them but I cant find any to save my life.

The EAC cells and pre filter are big sharp dirty things that HO don't clean. so after they get dirty [in 30 days or so] all the crap that needs to be cleaned goes stright to the A coil and blocks air flow. If people clean them they would work. 99% don't know what the heck I'm talking about "filter" what filter? is it time to pay me now?