Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i have 3 carrier split systems 5 tons,change discharge
    tubes that were manufac incorrectly from factory having
    trouble with high head and low back, possible oil restricting refrigerant flow back to condenser.how do i get oil out of evap coil/piping.and back into compressor

You have three separate units doing the same thing? All after you made repairs to the discharge lines? I would be very surprised if oil was the problem, look for restrictions at the dryer or service valve or metering device. How did you charge these units. Post more information and someone will respond with what info. you need. Good luck, sounds like you will need it.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

What is the model and serial number? What metering device?

Do any of them have hot gas ?

Carrier has a fitting they call an ACS or ASC, something like that,

that comes with a new orifice for the coils,, you need to check if you have the right ones installed ,, it is a screwy thing and a screwy setup,, but I have seen it cause problems.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    Do any of them have hot gas ?

Carrier has a fitting they call an ACS or ASC, something like that,

that comes with a new orifice for the coils,, you need to check if you have the right ones installed ,, it is a screwy thing and a screwy setup,, but I have seen it cause problems.
    What the #$%@ are you talking about??

Easy djken eddy is right I have had this problem more than once, however the red flag for me is why all 3 splits acting the same way??? Jhv1 we need more info pressure's would be helpful lenghth of line set and type of metering device, Gather all the Info you can and get back to us we'll be glad to help.

Just trying to find out what "ACS or ASC that comes with a new orifice for the coils" is?

I asked if he had hot gas , he didn't say if these were residential or comercial,, carrier has an unorthodox way of dealing with splits that add hot gas in the field ,,

They recommend you install a fitting at the distibutor that comes with a new orifice and a hot gas connection port,where the port is located helps in reducing flashing into the evaporator, This device is called an ACS or ASC I don't remember exactly, but it is one of those two names.

If the device was not installed properly or installed with the correct orifice it could theoretically cause oil log into the evap.

The orifice is not the metering device, it is located after the TXV and before the distributor.You would only see these on commercial units if you added hot gas to them.

I thought he was talkning about commercial equipment since he is posting in the commercial forum

oooooooohhhhhhhh .... For some reason I thought you were talking about something at the condenser.
    I would guess that he has a residential unit.
    I have yet to see a 5 ton unit with HGB, be it either res. or comm..

I see hotgas on all sizes,almost all commercial chillers and liebert units use hot gas on all sizes.In general very few units I see are without it

Dj,

Went to my dirty truck and looked it up,

It is an A.S.C., made by sporlan for Carier,
    Auxilary Side Connection,

It is a pain in the ass , and you can expect it to add four hours to a Hotgas retrofit ,,, or new split system install..........What will they think of next ?

did'nt read thread i will admit, but if you are convinced that the repair was made, then the normal operation of the system will return the oil. it is a little risky if the oil is indead in the evap but refrigerant flow should return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast