Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was it the transmission tube from the TXV feeler bulb to the power head?

You said you tried to charge it but couldn't get it above 60 psig.

You're wasting your money on a service call.

That hackery will never hold pressure.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

lynn ..the high pressure tube goes into the doghouse and goes to what looks like a small expansion tube about 1 1/4 round and at the top 4 1/4 inch tubes come out and go to various spots on the outer coils..its one of those tubes ...

and yellow dot...if ya cant be positive dont reply at all...thanks...

onelaptogo

I AGREE WITH YELLOW DOT

you just blew it in my book
    being frogy is one thing but a wise ask is another
    as far as i am concerned your tapped

IF YOU ARE CHARGING THE UNIT HOPE THE EPA DONT CATCH YOU
    IF YOU DONT TELL THE TECH HOW YOU REPARED THE UNIT AND HE GETS INJURED YOU CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE
    LED FREE WILL NOT HOLD UP TO THAT PRESSURE
    ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD TRY TO USE IT

I.E. always check lead free connections before checking a silphos weld if something looks fishy!

Originally posted by onelaptogo
    lynn ..the high pressure tube goes into the doghouse and goes to what looks like a small expansion tube about 1 1/4 round and at the top 4 1/4 inch tubes come out and go to various spots on the outer coils..its one of those tubes ...

and yellow dot...if ya cant be positive dont reply at all...thanks...
    I haven't a clue what that means. And BTW, Yellow Dot speaks only the truth.

tech came out..explained what I did ..checked it out pressure test ok..repalced the dryer..purrs like a kitten...

total cost to homeowner ( thats me ) parts and labor 122.00..

better than the prices quoted to me by three other companies..

ranging from 1200.00 to over 4000.00...

If I could believe what was told to me by the "salesmen" I may have replaced...but they all talked the hvac drool..Its fried..burned up...will never work again..compressor is fried.. and these are well known companies in the area..

I am in the service bussiness too..and we have our fair share of bait and switchers..since 1988 I have treated customers with respect..every one of my over 10,000 customers over 17 years know I will do what I say and not up-sell..and explain everything clearly..

well thanks for the help and advice..and boy am I glad I didnt get yellow dot for my service tech...whewwwww

The difference between the money you put out and what I would have charged to repair your system is what I use to eat with. It is our lively hood. So don't bash our price structure. By the time the overhead is paid there isn't much left.

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    The difference between the money you put out and what I would have charged to repair your system is what I use to eat with. It is our lively hood. So don't bash our price structure. By the time the overhead is paid there isn't much left.
    For some reason diy don't believe this is a low gross margin industry. Most hvac shops hav a 1 to 3% ebit(earnings before interest and tax). A shop that gross's $500,000 per year will pay all of the bills and have $15,000 left. Hope you don't need a new service truck cause you aint gonna get it for that. And most owners pay themselves salary on their position for this very reason. Could you maintain your lifestyle on 15k? It's not because the techs are over paid, most of us scrape by, it's because this is a price drivenindustry where every aspect of the market is aimed at being as cheap as possible to compete. If only there was a way to get the industry on the same page so we can all live well. Lynn you made a great post and as you can tell I'm passionate about it.

Originally posted by onelaptogo
    I glad I didnt get yellow dot for my service tech...whewwwww

I don't do service work, but I do know that patch you put on with lead free solder wont hold up...
    Good luck!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12