Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier I-Vu

Carrier I-Vu

Does the I-Vue standard support Bacnet I/P? The data sheet talks about Bacnet trending, but nothing about exporting CCN points as Bacnet points.

From my limited knowledge you need i-Vu Pro to export points as BACnet.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

i-Vu Open or CCN Standard does not support BACnet IP. You will need an i-Vu Open or CCN Plus to do integration [BACnet/LON/ModBus].

Not sure your intent "exporting CCN points as Bacnet points". Are you trying to take points in an i-Vu and export them to BACnet? I don't think this is possible.

You can read point & trend data from i-Vu with XML or SOAP, but it does require the Plus version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    Not sure your intent "exporting CCN points as Bacnet points". Are you trying to take points in an i-Vu and export them to BACnet? I don't think this is possible.
    That is what I want to do.
    The customer has an AX Supervisor that they would like to read points from a Carrier system that controls a rink ice machine. Contractor providing the I-Vue claims someone did a Bacnet integration using the I-Vue standard.
    What is the status of the CCN driver that now ships with 3.5? I assume it must be licensed from Carrier, and I am sure it is not cheap.

So it’s input only with the I-vu you cannot export Bacnet, interesting.

i-Vu/CCN standard could be used to expose CCN devices or BACnet IP. This could be accomplished if the CCN IP Gateway address is someting other than 127.0.0.1. This would expose any CCN points that are BACnet visible and the points would be READ ONLY. All controllers would be viewed as one controller with Device Instance number.

Looking at the latest version of AX, there is a CCN driver. I have never used it but the R2 version worked ok. May want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorton517 View Post
    i-Vu/CCN standard could be used to expose CCN devices or BACnet IP. This could be accomplished if the CCN IP Gateway address is someting other than 127.0.0.1. This would expose any CCN points that are BACnet visible and the points would be READ ONLY. All controllers would be viewed as one controller with Device Instance number.
    All I need is read only to get the alarm status and a few temperatures. How do you setup CCN points to be Bacnet visible?

The Tridium AX CCN driver is still in beta test.

You need to access i-Vu and go to the BACnet Points Tab. There you will find the Type and Instance number of the point and a check box to enable it to be BACnet Visible.

Yes, you can do bacnet/ip to get CCN points, there are a couple different ways,
    1 - if you are trying to get the points out of one ccn device you can install Carrier's IVU Open UPC card on the ccn devices which translates to bacnet ms/tp up to 300 points with an IVU Open router to get to bacnet/IP. Depending on your ccn device you might have to write a custom program to get the integration.
    2 - if you are trying to get points out of numerous ccn devices you can install Carriers IVU Link and download an equipment program to do integration thru the link, ccn - bacnet up to 500 points.
    But with this you will need an IVU Plus to download the program, but once the program is downloaded you do not have to keep the IVU Plus hooked up. or purchase IVU Pro to do the program download.

From the last post it sounds like not everyone agrees that the I-Vu standard can expose I/O as Bacnet IP. For hardware there is a CC6400 and some I/O’s, and I think the contractor is now proposing to upgrade to Carriers latest product which has native Bacnet.

Thanks for the help.

Krac, instead of upgrading, you can install Carrier's IVU Open UPC card which will translate 300 points, you will have to write a program with SNAP and download it into the UPC and install an IVU Open router to do bacmet / ip
    If you do upgrade, you will still have to instal an IVU Open router to do bacnet / ip. Drop me an e-mail with a phone number if you need more info.

I-VU integrator question

Guys I apologize for hijacking this thread, but I have a question I have a jci metasys front end and i am trying to find a solution on how to integrate the existing carrier ccn system into the jci system. I understand that I will need a nae or a nie on the jci network but, I am wondering if thr I-VU integrator will be able to export different points from the existing ccn backbone. Thanks-Howard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast