+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREE furnace installed for a family in need

Post Likes

FREE furnace installed for a family in need

I am putting in a new Carrier gas furnace for a local family in desperate need. The couple was in a car accident and both living on disability, and are in the process of filing bankruptcy. It makes you feel really good helping a family in dire need. Are there any other companies out there that also do this??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NATEcert87 View Post
    I am putting in a new Carrier gas furnace for a local family in desperate need. The couple was in a car accident and both living on disability, and are in the process of filing bankruptcy. It makes you feel really good helping a family in dire need. Are there any other companies out there that also do this??
    I help people out when I can, I don't feel the need to slap myself on the back for a good deed, just remember no good deed goes unpunished.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    I help people out when I can, I don't feel the need to slap myself on the back for a good deed, just remember no good deed goes unpunished.
    This wasnt a slap in back. it was question to see if this is something that many dealers do. no other dealers in my area do givaways like this. i know the importance of helping people out and by means am i boasting about it.

Post Likes
    t
    Last edited by Stamas; 01-13-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Not appropriate.

Post Likes
    Good for you!!!! If you can afford to contribute to the needy.I have done many free service calls to help people,but not a free furnace.i have done them at cost.Hopefully you will be rewarded for your good deed.this person you helped may get you a good paying job,and certainly get you some new customers.

Post Likes
    We did one a year ago. The local association (formerly local ACCA) did a furnace clean program which a couple of us always participate in. This lady needed new equipment so our young owner said if a supply house would donate a furnace we'd put it in. She needed air too so I got another supply house to donate a little unit & coil.

Never know if they appreciate it or not. One I cleaned this fall was more worried about the satellite system being installed than what I was doing for her.

Post Likes
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-101...,2715577.story

i'm the redheaded "special" looking guy installing the thermostat at 1:45 or so

our company does this once a year, 2009 being the first year and then it was adopted to a program for the entire state called "heat up wisconsin" where lennox donated 72 furnaces, one for each county in wisconsin

Post Likes
    geeez cody you look so excited to be on tv. haha

Post Likes
    wow that's pretty cool, thank you for sharing this. Did you decide to do this on your own or was there an organized effort for these people before you got involved?

Post Likes

free furnace giveaway

http://www.kiwaradio.com/sp_kiwa_giveaway.html

we bought out a business in a neighboring town and are having our open house on the 21st. with this we are giving away 2 furnace and a/c's.

i'm hoping to weed out the people who don't deserve or won't appreciate the free work. i can understand the "no good deed goes unpunished" as i have thought i was doing someone a favor only to have it bite me in the a$$.

Post Likes
    So complete duct system and wiring? What did they have before?

Post Likes
    Nice.

Post Likes
    Very nice lennox unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    So complete duct system and wiring? What did they have before?
    if this was directed to me.... the home never previously had a/c and the ducts were all 4" runs and terribly undersized for the home, not too mention no supplies or returns on the second floor.

we got lennox to donate the a/c as well due to homeowners child being autistic and apparently they have a real problem with crazy high temps.

Quote Originally Posted by maniak View Post
    wow that's pretty cool, thank you for sharing this. Did you decide to do this on your own or was there an organized effort for these people before you got involved?
    my boss did it one year as a promotion and the next year it exploded into a statewide thing

Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    Very nice lennox unit.
    thanks

Post Likes
    lol, we gave away a prestige stat at our company fundraiser bbq this year. Ended up someone who rents a place won the prize and they took it to hock it on Kijiji. I guess they can't all work out. Worst is they were excited to see how much money they could get for it.

Post Likes
    Our company did one in June 2010. The HO had purchased a furnace, AC, and tankless unit from a contractor. They ordered York equipment and got Goodman instead. They installed the furnace with 6 code infractions, it was oversized, hacked in, humidifier not installed correctly no permits etc.

The AC unit, never installed. It was dropped off in their garage and they never came back to install it.

The tankless unit was a Navien. They ran only the exhaust pipe outdoors, the water lines were not approved for potable use, gas line done poorly etc, I think there was 4 code infractions on the tankless.

The above was all red tagged by the utility

Somehow we got this call to go and inspect. The bosses went and heard their story, the wife was sent to the hospital because she was stressed(couple were 80-90yrs old)

We got a hold of Lennox and they donated a new Furnace G61MPV and 14ACX A/C unit. We installed it at no charge and re-did the tankless unit properly.

I cant believe the nerve some of these contractors have!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maniak View Post
    Acctually we do a free furnace every year. We advertise it and have people write an essay about why they or someone they nominate deserves and are in need of a new furnace. With this one, their daughter wrote us and nominated her parents. The story was pretty touching, they are people that acctually are trying to keep there head above the water but just can never win.

Post Likes
    Pretty neat to see competing companies working together.

Post Likes
    GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE THAT CARE

Post Likes
    Sounds like a great program!
    I have personally donated many a service call, but never an entire system plus install. Have done several at or below cost.
    It's great to hear other contractors are paying it forward, passing on some of the abundant blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in