Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Niles, MI
    Posts
    15

    FREE furnace installed for a family in need

    I am putting in a new Carrier gas furnace for a local family in desperate need. The couple was in a car accident and both living on disability, and are in the process of filing bankruptcy. It makes you feel really good helping a family in dire need. Are there any other companies out there that also do this??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by NATEcert87 View Post
    I am putting in a new Carrier gas furnace for a local family in desperate need. The couple was in a car accident and both living on disability, and are in the process of filing bankruptcy. It makes you feel really good helping a family in dire need. Are there any other companies out there that also do this??
    I help people out when I can, I don't feel the need to slap myself on the back for a good deed, just remember no good deed goes unpunished.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Niles, MI
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    I help people out when I can, I don't feel the need to slap myself on the back for a good deed, just remember no good deed goes unpunished.
    This wasnt a slap in back. it was question to see if this is something that many dealers do. no other dealers in my area do givaways like this. i know the importance of helping people out and by means am i boasting about it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    t
    Last edited by Stamas; 01-13-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Not appropriate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    198
    Good for you!!!! If you can afford to contribute to the needy.I have done many free service calls to help people,but not a free furnace.i have done them at cost.Hopefully you will be rewarded for your good deed.this person you helped may get you a good paying job,and certainly get you some new customers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,617
    We did one a year ago. The local association (formerly local ACCA) did a furnace clean program which a couple of us always participate in. This lady needed new equipment so our young owner said if a supply house would donate a furnace we'd put it in. She needed air too so I got another supply house to donate a little unit & coil.

    Never know if they appreciate it or not. One I cleaned this fall was more worried about the satellite system being installed than what I was doing for her.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    We did one a year ago. The local association (formerly local ACCA) did a furnace clean program which a couple of us always participate in. This lady needed new equipment so our young owner said if a supply house would donate a furnace we'd put it in. She needed air too so I got another supply house to donate a little unit & coil.

    Never know if they appreciate it or not. One I cleaned this fall was more worried about the satellite system being installed than what I was doing for her.
    you said it I agree 100%

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    522
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-101...,2715577.story

    i'm the redheaded "special" looking guy installing the thermostat at 1:45 or so

    our company does this once a year, 2009 being the first year and then it was adopted to a program for the entire state called "heat up wisconsin" where lennox donated 72 furnaces, one for each county in wisconsin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    596
    geeez cody you look so excited to be on tv. haha

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    775
    wow that's pretty cool, thank you for sharing this. Did you decide to do this on your own or was there an organized effort for these people before you got involved?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sanborn, IA
    Posts
    191

    free furnace giveaway

    http://www.kiwaradio.com/sp_kiwa_giveaway.html

    we bought out a business in a neighboring town and are having our open house on the 21st. with this we are giving away 2 furnace and a/c's.

    i'm hoping to weed out the people who don't deserve or won't appreciate the free work. i can understand the "no good deed goes unpunished" as i have thought i was doing someone a favor only to have it bite me in the a$$.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,617
    So complete duct system and wiring? What did they have before?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Niles, MI
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by maniak View Post
    wow that's pretty cool, thank you for sharing this. Did you decide to do this on your own or was there an organized effort for these people before you got involved?
    Acctually we do a free furnace every year. We advertise it and have people write an essay about why they or someone they nominate deserves and are in need of a new furnace. With this one, their daughter wrote us and nominated her parents. The story was pretty touching, they are people that acctually are trying to keep there head above the water but just can never win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event