1) Should the fill bundles be removed before every cooling season for tower inspection and cleaning, can anyone recomend a schedule; BAC Tower.

Check out the B.A.C. web site. You can download the O & M manuals, along with winter operation information, and what the daily, weekly, monthly, and lay up procedures are. We don't remove the fill, just hit it with a pressure washer in the spring with a biodegradable coil cleaner. Touch up any rust with cold zinc galvanizing paint if you have a galvanized sump, and don't forget the "balance chamber" screen. That's were all the rust and loose metal collects.

The only time I ever removed the fill was when we were replacing it, due to deterioration (very old tower). We circulate a chem supplied by our water treatment co. and then very gently and from a straight on angle pressure wash it.

Thanks guys, I downloaded the operating manual and maint. schedule. We've already been doing most of what they say, but I did get a few other things to watch.
    Thanks again...