Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Exclamation

HI FOLKS:

I CURRENTLY OWN A HOME WITH (1) 5 TON YORK 9 SEER SYSTEM AND (1) 3.5 TON YORK 9 SEER SYSTEM. 5 TON UNIT IS DEAD AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND 3.5 TON IS 14 YEARS OLD AND PROBABLY ON BORROWED TIME. HOUSE IS R38 CEILING AND R19 WALLS. BIG BIG CONSIDERATION...ALTHOUGH LOCATED ON THE COAST IN CONNECTICUT WHERE HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE 90 TO 95 DEGREES, ENERGY COSTS ARE 15 CENTS A KWHR IN SUMMER AND WE ONLY HAVE THIS ONE TIME TO FIX THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROBLEM.

WE HAVE LOOKED AT 14 SEER (11 EER) UNITS ...BY THE WAY, I WAS STUNNED TO FIND THAT SEER RATINGS ARE ARRIVED AT USING AN 82 DEGREE OUTSIDE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE AND THAT AT 95 DEGREES, THE UNITS PULL 15% MORE POWER, RESULTING IN 12.17 EFFECTIVE SEER. NONE OF OUR A/C GUYS EVER TOLD US THIS.

HAVING SAID ALL OF THIS, WE ARE CONSIDERING EITHER A GAS FIRED RESIDENTIAL A/C (PROPANE IS AVAILABLE), OR A WATER COOLED ELECTRIC CONDENSING UNIT MADE BY FREUS THAT HAS AN 18 EER (22 SEER EQUIVALENT ROUGHLY).

IN ADDITION, 2 THINGS TO BEAR IN MIND..1) OUR ELECTIC BILLS ARE OUTRAGEOUS IN THE SUMMER (CT SUCKS) AND 2) WE ONLY HAVE THIS ONE TIME TO GET IT RIGHT...ALSO FREUS ALLOWS YOU TO PLACE UP TO THREE INDEPENDENT COMPRESSORS WITHIN THEIR WATER COOLED CONDENSER (UP TO 10 TONS) WHICH IS ALSO ADVANTAGEOUS AS WE CAN GET RID OF ONE CONDENSING UNIT

ANY HELPFUL OPINIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

KEVIN

[Edited by kevin57 on 03-20-2005 at 03:58 PM]

Bit of advice....

ALL CAPS is considered rude on the internet (chat rooms, forums, etc)
    It is equivelant to YELLING AT SOMEONE

Most people see ALL CAPS and just skip the post altogether.

Extend to others the grace that God has given you.

THANKS WORMY...EASIER FOR A TYPIST WHO HAS NO HANDS...YOU SEE...I'M DISABLED AND USE A SPECIAL APPLIANCE FOR TYPING AND IT'S EITHER CAPITALS OR NOTHING...I THINK THAT THE CONTEXT OF THE MESSAGE WOULD INDICATE THAT I'M NOT YELLING..

...ANY OTHER HELPFUL ADVISE...ESPECIALLY RELATED TO A/C WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED

[Edited by kevin57 on 03-20-2005 at 04:57 PM]

lose the caps lol

DUC...MY PRIOR EMAILED RESPONSE WOULD ALSO APPLY TO YOUR EMAIL..BUT THANKS

you wont get much help being an $ss

ACTUALLY...MY DISABILITY IS AN UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT AS A RESULT OF VIETNAM...THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUELY ENLIGHTENED APPROACH TO AMERICANS WITH A DISABILITY DUC

that has nothing to do with the caps

Originally posted by kevin57
    THANKS WORMY...EASIER FOR A TYPIST WHO HAS NO HANDS...YOU SEE...I'M DISABLED AND USE A SPECIAL APPLIANCE FOR TYPING AND IT'S EITHER CAPITALS OR NOTHING...I THINK THAT THE CONTEXT OF THE MESSAGE WOULD INDICATE THAT I'M NOT YELLING..

...ANY OTHER HELPFUL ADVISE...ESPECIALLY RELATED TO A/C WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED

[Edited by kevin57 on 03-20-2005 at 04:57 PM]
    sorry i didnt see this

NO INSULT TAKEN...I TEND TO RUN INTO A LOT OF FOLKS THAT AREN'T VERY TOLERENT OF DISABLED INDIVIDUALS...

...JUST REMEMBER THAT MY SACRIFIC ENABLES YOU TO FREELY WRITE AND SPEAK YOU MIND IN THIS GREAT DEMOCRACY..HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I REALLY DO MEAN THAT

8.5 tons for one house in the North East? Big house. How will the water cooling work? If I were you, I'd look at the City Multi system from Mitsibushi (www.mrslim.com) 6 tons and can provide many zones which will probably save you more in the long run. Propane might be cheaper in the summer, but it's still a very expensive fuel.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by duc dowg
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by kevin57
    [B]THANKS WORMY...EASIER FOR A TYPIST WHO HAS NO HANDS...YOU SEE...I'M DISABLED AND USE A SPECIAL APPLIANCE FOR TYPING AND IT'S EITHER CAPITALS OR NOTHING...I THINK THAT THE CONTEXT OF THE MESSAGE WOULD INDICATE THAT I'M NOT YELLING..

[Edited by framehvac on 03-20-2005 at 05:44 PM]

thanks frame and kevin for what you have done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast